Liisa T Kuhn
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- One-step derivation of mesenchymal stem cell (MSC)-like cells from human pluripotent stem cells on a fibrillar collagen coatingYongxing Liu
Center for Biomaterials, Department of Reconstructive Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33225. 2012..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that bioimimetic, fibrillar, type I collagen coatings applied to cell culture plates can be used to guide a rapid, efficient derivation of MSC-like cells from both human ES and iPS cells...
- Chemotherapy drug delivery from calcium phosphate nanoparticlesXingguo Cheng
Oral Rehabilitation, Biomaterials and Skeletal Development, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 1615, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 2:667-74. 2007..Direct addition cytotoxicity studies revealed that the sterically-stabilized, negatively-charged drug nanoconjugates are unable to overcome drug resistance and had an increased IC50 value as compared to the free drug...
- A comparison of the physical and chemical differences between cancellous and cortical bovine bone mineral at two agesLiisa T Kuhn
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 83:146-54. 2008..Based on the larger proportion of newly formed bone in cancellous bone relative to cortical bone, the major differences between the cancellous and cortical mineral crystals must be ascribed to differences in average age of the crystals...
- A nondestructive method for evaluating in vitro osteoblast differentiation on biomaterials using osteoblast-specific fluorescenceLiisa T Kuhn
Center for Biomaterials, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 1615, USA
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 16:1357-66. 2010..Importantly, the generalized method can be used for rapid, high-throughput, nondestructive screening of biomaterials intended to enhance osteogenic differentiation...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 and bone morphogenetic protein-2 have a synergistic stimulatory effect on bone formation in cell cultures from elderly mouse and human boneLiisa T Kuhn
Department of Surgery MC 3105, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3105
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:1170-80. 2013..However, coadministration of FGF-2 and BMP-2 increases mineralization more than BMP-2 alone in cultures from old and young mouse long bones and old humans but not in young mouse calvarial cultures. ..
- Modified hyaluronan hydrogels support the maintenance of mouse embryonic stem cells and human induced pluripotent stem cellsYongxing Liu
Center for Biomaterials, Department of Reconstructive Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Macromol Biosci 12:1034-42. 2012..The addition of fibronectin to HyStem-C™ enabled the attachment of hiPSCs in a xeno-free, fully defined medium...
- Fabrication and characterization of hydroxyapatite-coated polystyrene disks for use in osteoprogenitor cell cultureA Jon Goldberg
Center for Biomaterials, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:1371-87. 2010..This technique can be used to rapidly produce high-quality cHA-coated TCPS disks for cell-culture studies...
- Effects of low dose FGF-2 and BMP-2 on healing of calvarial defects in old miceLyndon F Charles
Department of Reconstructive Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Exp Gerontol 64:62-9. 2015..004)) from the addition of FGF-2. These studies suggest that combining a low dose of FGF-2 with a low dose of BMP-2 has the potential to increase bone healing in old mice relative to BMP-2 alone...
- Developmental-like bone regeneration by human embryonic stem cell-derived mesenchymal cellsLiisa T Kuhn
1 Department of Reconstructive Sciences, Center for Biomaterials, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut
Tissue Eng Part A 20:365-77. 2014..The hESC-MCs were able to recapitulate the mesenchymal developmental pathway and were able to repair the bone defect semi-autonomously without preimplantation differentiation to osteo- or chondroprogenitors. ..
- Therapeutic Touch Has Significant Effects on Mouse Breast Cancer Metastasis and Immune Responses but Not Primary Tumor SizeGloria Gronowicz
Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015:926565. 2015..Human biofield therapy had no significant effect on primary tumor but produced significant effects on metastasis and immune responses in a mouse breast cancer model...
- Lithium-end-capped polylactide thin films influence osteoblast progenitor cell differentiation and mineralizationCheryl T Gomillion
Department of Reconstructive Sciences, Center for Biomaterials, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, 06030
J Biomed Mater Res A 103:500-10. 2015....
- Effects of the physico-chemical nature of two biomimetic crystals on the innate immune responseManish Ramesh
Department of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 7:1617-29. 2007..Proper utilization of the physico-chemical features of particulates offers a new direction for the development of more effective vaccine adjuvants...