Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Genetic interaction and phenotypic analysis of the Arabidopsis MAP kinase pathway mutations mekk1 and mpk4 suggests signaling pathway complexityShih Heng Su
Genome Center of Wisconsin and Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
FEBS Lett 581:3171-7. 2007..Our results suggest that MEKK1 and MPK4 functions are not limited to a single, linear signaling pathway. Instead there appears to be more complexity to the signaling pathways in which these two proteins function...
- Genetic analysis of the Arabidopsis protein kinases MAP3Kε1 and MAP3Kε2 indicates roles in cell expansion and embryo developmentSuraphon Chaiwongsar
Faculty of Science and Agricultural Technology, Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna Chiang Mai, Thailand
Front Plant Sci 3:228. 2012..Our results indicate that MAP3Kε1 and MAP3Kε2 have roles outside of pollen development and that these genes affect several aspects of sporophyte development...
- An Arabidopsis mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase gene family encodes essential positive regulators of cytokinesisPatrick J Krysan
Biotechnology Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 425 Henry Mall, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Cell 14:1109-20. 2002..The molecular and structural phenotypes displayed by the double mutants support a model in which the ANP family of MAPKKKs positively regulates cell division and growth and may negatively regulate stress responses...
- Characterization of T-DNA insertion sites in Arabidopsis thaliana and the implications for saturation mutagenesisPatrick J Krysan
Horticulture Department, University of Wisconsin Madison 53706, USA
OMICS 6:163-74. 2002..However, this bias does not limit the utility of T-DNA as an effective insertional mutagen for use in reverse-genetic strategies...
- Ice-cap. A high-throughput method for capturing plant tissue samples for genotype analysisPatrick Krysan
Department of Horticulture and Genome Center of Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 135:1162-9. 2004..It is expected that this method will be applicable to high-throughput screening with many different plant species, making it a useful technology for performing marker assisted selection...
- Deletion of a tandem gene family in Arabidopsis: increased MEKK2 abundance triggers autoimmunity when the MEKK1-MKK1/2-MPK4 signaling cascade is disruptedShih Heng Su
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Cell 25:1895-910. 2013..In turn, the abundance of MEKK2 appears to be under cellular surveillance such that a modest increase can trigger defense response activation. ..
- Microarrays (DNA chips) for the classroom laboratoryBetsy Barnard
West High School, Madison, Wisconsin 53726
Biochem Mol Biol Educ 34:355-9. 2006..We have also shared these materials with high school teachers attending professional development courses at the University of Wisconsin-Madison...