Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Discrimination of autoimmune hepatitis: autoantibody typing and beyondEdward L Krawitt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Given Building, Burlington, VT 05405 0068, USA
J Gastroenterol 46:39-41. 2011..Whether or not IgG4-associated autoimmune hepatitis is a distinct entity awaits a more extensive description of clinical and immuno-histological features...
- Clinical features and management of autoimmune hepatitisEdward L Krawitt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Given C 246 Burlington, Vermont 05405 0068, USA
World J Gastroenterol 14:3301-5. 2008..Liver transplantation is generally successful in patients with decompensated cirrhosis unresponsive to or intolerant of medical therapy...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin for treatment-refractory chronic hepatitis CEdward L Krawitt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Hepatol 43:243-9. 2005..However, little is known about the utility of such regimens for individuals who failed to respond to prior conventional interferon-based treatment...
- Autoimmune hepatitisEdward L Krawitt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405 0068, USA
N Engl J Med 354:54-66. 2006
- A study of low dose peginterferon alpha-2b with ribavirin for the initial treatment of chronic hepatitis CEdward L Krawitt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1268-73. 2006..By nature of its design the study also provided data on response to therapy over a spectrum of doses of both pegylated interferon alpha-2b and ribavirin calculated on a body weight basis...
- Differences in hepatic phenotype between hemochromatosis patients with HFE C282Y homozygosity and other HFE genotypesRaymond Cheng
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:569-73. 2009..The goal of this study was to compare hepatic histopathologic features and hepatic iron concentration (HIC) among patients with phenotypic hemochromatosis and different HFE genotypes...
- Variability of grade and stage in simultaneous paired liver biopsies in patients with hepatitis CSilvia Skripenova
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
J Clin Pathol 60:321-4. 2007..Spatial disease variability relative to markers of the adequacy of biopsy has not been studied previously...
- Continued treatment of chronic hepatitis C despite development of interferon-associated retinopathyMark A Cedar
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2612-3. 2007
- Serum ferritin level predicts advanced hepatic fibrosis among U.S. patients with phenotypic hemochromatosisElizabeth D Morrison
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Ann Intern Med 138:627-33. 2003..DNA-based HFE gene testing can confirm hereditary hemochromatosis in most people of Northern European descent. However, liver biopsy is important to detect cirrhosis...
- Heterozygous alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency and chronic hepatitis CDaniel S Pratt
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:xxix. 2005
- Treatment challenges and investigational opportunities in autoimmune hepatitisAlbert J Czaja
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 41:207-15. 2005..In conclusion, evolving pharmacological and technical advances promise to improve the treatment of autoimmune hepatitis, and investigations of these advances are timely, feasible, and necessary...
- Sampling variability in liver biopsiesEdward L Krawitt
J Hepatol 41:886-7. 2004
- Simplified criteria for the diagnosis of autoimmune hepatitisElke M Hennes
Department of Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hepatology 48:169-76. 2008..Based on the ROC curves, two cutoff points were chosen. The score was found to have 88% sensitivity and 97% specificity (cutoff > or =6) and 81% sensitivity and 99% specificity (cutoff > or =7) in the validation set...
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, cryoglobulinemia, and hepatitis CGregg D Fine
Am J Gastroenterol 99:964-5. 2004