RICHARD SYD KORNBLUTH
Affiliation: University of California
- Multimeric soluble CD40 ligand and GITR ligand as adjuvants for human immunodeficiency virus DNA vaccinesGeoffrey W Stone
Department of Medicine 0679, Stein Clinical Sciences Bldg, Room 304, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
J Virol 80:1762-72. 2006..In summary, multimeric CD40L and GITRL are new adjuvants for DNA vaccines. Plasmids for expressing multimeric TNFSF fusion proteins permit the rapid testing of TNFSF molecules in vivo...
- Nanoparticle-delivered multimeric soluble CD40L DNA combined with Toll-Like Receptor agonists as a treatment for melanomaGeoffrey W Stone
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7334. 2009..In addition, the enhanced effectiveness of nanoparticle formulations of DNA encoding immunostimulatory molecules such as multimeric, soluble CD40L supports the further study of this technology for tumor immunotherapy...
- Enhancement of the priming efficacy of DNA vaccines encoding dendritic cell-targeted antigens by synergistic toll-like receptor ligandsClaudius Grossmann
Department of Molecular and Medical Virology, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Universitatsstrasse 150, 44801 Bochum, Germany
BMC Immunol 10:43. 2009....
- CD40 ligand (CD154) stimulation of macrophages to produce HIV-1-suppressive beta-chemokinesR S Kornbluth
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5205-10. 1998..This pathway may play a role in anti-HIV-1 immunity and the development of immunologic reactions or lesions...
- An expanding role for CD40L and other tumor necrosis factor superfamily ligands in HIV infectionRichard S Kornbluth
University of California, San Diego, and the San Diego Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, La Jolla 92093, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:787-801. 2002..New strategies are being developed to translate the profoundly immunostimulatory effects of CD40L found in animal models to humans with HIV infection...
- Immunostimulatory combinations: designing the next generation of vaccine adjuvantsRichard S Kornbluth
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, 0679, La Jolla, CA 92093 0679, USA
J Leukoc Biol 80:1084-102. 2006..Taken together, these new approaches provide significant incremental progress in the development of vaccines to elicit cell-mediated immunity against HIV and other pathogens...
- Regulation of HIV-1 Preintegration Complexes (PICs)RICHARD KORNBLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2002..New tools and concepts will be gained, and precise molecular targets for anti-HIV drug design will come into focus. ..
- TNFSF APC activators for HIV VaccinesRICHARD KORNBLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2003..Upon the completion of these feasibility studies, it will be clear if these concepts should be advanced into more extensive vaccine studies both for HIV and other pathogens. ..
- Combined TNFSF and TLR stimulation of HIV vaccinesRICHARD KORNBLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, this DNA vaccine approach may prove generally applicable for emerging infections and other diseases for which a potent vaccine is needed. ..
- Vaccines to Generate Neutralizing Anti-HIV AntibodiesRICHARD KORNBLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..While this research is focused on HIV, the same immunostimulants could be applied to vaccines against many other infections including influenza, viral hepatitis, West Nile virus, smallpox, and agents of biodefense significance. ..