W Michael Korn
Affiliation: University of California
- A dynamical systems model for combinatorial cancer therapy enhances oncolytic adenovirus efficacy by MEK-inhibitionNeda Bagheri
Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1001085. 2011..Enhanced oncolytic therapy has the potential to dramatically improve non-surgical cancer treatment, especially in locally advanced or metastatic cases where treatment options remain limited...
- Subtype-specific MEK-PI3 kinase feedback as a therapeutic target in pancreatic adenocarcinomaOlga K Mirzoeva
Corresponding Author W Michael Korn, UCSF Divisions of Gastroenterology and Hematology Oncology, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2340 Sutter St, Box 1387, San Francisco, CA 94115
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2213-25. 2013..Thus, our findings suggest a new, subtype-specific, and personalized therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer...
- ZEB1 limits adenoviral infectability by transcriptionally repressing the coxsackie virus and adenovirus receptorMarkus D Lacher
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Mol Cancer 10:91. 2011..While EMT is crucial in embryonic development, it has been proposed to contribute to the formation of invasive and metastatic carcinomas by reducing cell-cell contacts and increasing cell migration...
- A Multicenter, Open-Label Phase II Clinical Trial of Combined MEK plus EGFR Inhibition for Chemotherapy-Refractory Advanced Pancreatic AdenocarcinomaAndrew H Ko
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Clin Cancer Res 22:61-8. 2016....
- A phase 1b study of the Akt-inhibitor MK-2206 in combination with weekly paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with advanced HER2-amplified solid tumor malignanciesAmy Jo Chien
Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero St, Box 1710, San Francisco, CA, 94115, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 155:521-30. 2016..Preclinical studies demonstrate synergy between MK-2206, a selective allosteric Akt-inhibitor, with paclitaxel and trastuzumab. We aimed to evaluate the safety of this combination in patients with HER2+ malignancies...
- A phase II study of bevacizumab plus erlotinib for gemcitabine-refractory metastatic pancreatic cancerAndrew H Ko
University of California at San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, 4th Floor, Box 1705, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:1051-7. 2010..Based on potential for additive or synergistic activity by concurrent inhibition of VEGF and EGFR, we conducted a phase II study evaluating the combination of bevacizumab plus erlotinib in this patient population...
- Prevention and management of early esophageal cancerW Michael Korn
University of California, 2340 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 5:405-16. 2004..For patients with adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction with submucosal involvement, adjuvant chemoradiation should be considered because of its potential to increase survival...
- Inhibition of the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway up-regulates expression of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor in cancer cellsMario Anders
Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Cancer Res 63:2088-95. 2003....
- Basal subtype and MAPK/ERK kinase (MEK)-phosphoinositide 3-kinase feedback signaling determine susceptibility of breast cancer cells to MEK inhibitionOlga K Mirzoeva
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer Res 69:565-72. 2009....