Affiliation: University of Utah
- Physical and Mental Health Consequences of War-related Stressors Among Older Adults: An Analysis of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Arthritis in Northern Vietnamese War SurvivorsKim Korinek
Department of Sociology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci . 2016..Noting that wars' impacts extend beyond male veterans in most survivor populations, we give attention to male and female war survivors placed in a variety of roles vis-a-vis the war...
- Military service and smoking in a cohort of northern Vietnamese older adultsKim Korinek
Department of Sociology, University of Utah, 380 S 1530 E, Room 301, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112, USA
Int J Public Health 62:43-51. 2017..We ask whether, among Vietnamese men of a certain age, wartime experiences contributed to initiating smoking, and thus shaped one behavioral pathway linking war exposure and older adult health...
- Transitions in marital status and functional health and patterns of intergenerational coresidence among China's elderly populationKim Korinek
Department of Sociology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 66:260-70. 2011..We also inquire whether coresidence transitions vary by older adults' gender and the presence of grandchildren in skip generation households...
- Prenatal care among immigrant and racial-ethnic minority women in a new immigrant destination: exploring the impact of immigrant legal statusKim Korinek
Department of Sociology, University of Utah, 380 S 1530 E, Rm 301, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, United States
Soc Sci Med 72:1695-703. 2011....
- Shifting coresidence near the end of life: comparing decedents and survivors of a follow-up study in ChinaZachary Zimmer
Institute of Public and International Affairs, University of Utah, 260 S Central Campus Drive, Room 214, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Demography 47:537-54. 2010..In the end, we conclude that the period nearing the end oflife is a time offlux in living situation and that coresidential shifts are underestimated when those who die during afollow-up study are ignored...
- Ethnicity, education attainment, media exposure, and prenatal care in VietnamHa Ngoc Trinh
a Department of Sociology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Ethn Health 22:83-104. 2017..This paper examines ethnic disparities in prenatal care utilization by comparing two groups of ethnic minority and majority women...
- Family life course transitions and rural household economy during China's market reformFEINIAN CHEN
Department of Sociology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
Demography 47:963-87. 2010..Finally, the reallocations of household labor undertaken by households are shaped by local economic structures: in particular, the extent of village-level entrepreneurial activity, off-farm employment, and out-migration...