Stanley G Korenman
Affiliation: University of California
- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunctionStanley G Korenman
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Endocrine 23:87-91. 2004..They also generally confirmed the conditions that correlated with ED in the MMAS, namely, diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, prostate cancer therapy, and depression. These were exacerbated by cigarette smoking...
- Depression in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: clinical and biochemical correlatesNatalie L Rasgon
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Mood Disorders Research Program, 300 Medical Plaza, Suite 1544, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7057, USA
J Affect Disord 74:299-304. 2003..We assessed the prevalence of mood disturbance among women with prospectively documented polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- The importance of insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndromeMark O Goodarzi
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Fertil Steril 80:255-8. 2003
- Research in children: assessing risks and benefitsStanley G Korenman
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, LA 90095, USA
Pediatr Res 56:165-6. 2004
- Relative impact of insulin resistance and obesity on cardiovascular risk factors in polycystic ovary syndromeMark O Goodarzi
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Metabolism 52:713-9. 2003..Thus, early detection of insulin resistance, as well as weight reduction, should be emphasized for all patients with PCOS...
- beta-Cell function: a key pathological determinant in polycystic ovary syndromeMark O Goodarzi
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:310-5. 2005....
- Reproductive hormones in the early menopausal transition: relationship to ethnicity, body size, and menopausal statusJohn F Randolph
Clinical Centers University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1516-22. 2003..All hormone concentrations were significantly correlated with body mass index. We conclude that serum sex steroid, FSH, and SHBG levels vary by ethnicity, but are highly confounded by ethnic disparities in body size...
- Masculine vitality: pros and cons of testosterone in treating the andropauseSanjay Asthana
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:461-5. 2004
- Ethnic differences in insulin sensitivity and beta-cell function in premenopausal or early perimenopausal women without diabetes: the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation (SWAN)Javier I Torrens
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Women s Health, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Diabetes Care 27:354-61. 2004....
- Management of the cardinal features of andropauseArshag D Mooradian
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Am J Ther 13:145-60. 2006..Many with erectile failure, suffer silently regardless of its etiology. In this review, we suggest some practical guidelines for the management of these conditions...