Barbara A Konkle
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Phase I study of the novel taxane CT-2103 in patients with advanced solid tumorsMaria Luisa Veronese
Division of Hematology Oncology, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, 51 N 39th Street, MAB 103, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 55:497-501. 2005..Preclinical studies indicate that CT-2103 has substantial antitumor efficacy in xenograft tumor models...
- Bleeding and hypercoagulable problems in womenBarbara A Konkle
Penn Comprehensive Hemophilia and Thrombosis Program, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 2:515-6. 2004
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: bovine versus porcine heparin in cardiopulmonary bypass surgeryB A Konkle
Department of Medicine, Cardeza Foundation for Hematologic Research, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 71:1920-4. 2001....
- Approaches to successful total knee arthroplasty in haemophilia A patients with inhibitorsB A Konkle
Penn Comprehensive Hemophilia and Thrombosis Program, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Haemophilia 8:706-10. 2002
- Use of recombinant human antithrombin in patients with congenital antithrombin deficiency undergoing surgical proceduresBarbara A Konkle
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvannia School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Transfusion 43:390-4. 2003..For this reason, replacement with AT concentrate has been used when anticoagulation is interrupted. A new recombinant human AT concentrate, produced using transgenic technology, has recently been developed...
- Role of splenectomy in patients with refractory or relapsed thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraNicole A Aqui
Division of Transfusion Medicine Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Apher 18:51-4. 2003..We believe this is the first series that demonstrates efficacy of splenectomy in plasma exchange-refractory TTP...
- Novel diagnostic assays for heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaAdam Cuker
Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Blood 121:3727-32. 2013..046). KKO-I and DT40-luc showed better discrimination than 2 commercially available immunoassays, are simple to perform, and hold promise for improving the specificity and feasibility of HIT laboratory testing...
- Total knee arthroplasty using recombinant factor VII in hemophilia-A patients with inhibitors. A report of three casesSamir Mehta
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, 2 Silverstein, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:2519-21. 2004
- An algorithmic approach to peripheral artery disease in hemophilia: extrapolation of management principles from noncoagulopathic patientsPatrick F Fogarty
Penn Comprehensive Hemophilia and Thrombosis Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 23:23-9. 2012..This article describes special considerations in PAD screening, risk-factor modification, and management in older MWH...
- Evaluation of thromboelastography for monitoring recombinant activated factor VII ex vivo in haemophilia A and B patients with inhibitors: a multicentre trialGuy Young
Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:276-82. 2008..Thus, test conditions may need to be optimized before Thromboelastograph/Rotation Thromboelastography can be utilized for all inhibitor patients...
- Correlates of spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C virus among people with hemophiliaMingdong Zhang
Viral Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Blood 107:892-7. 2006..These data highlight and clarify the importance of nongenetic determinants in spontaneous recovery from HCV infection...
- Chronic hepatitis B and other correlates of spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C virus among HIV-infected people with hemophiliaLehida Melendez-Morales
Viral Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
AIDS 21:1631-6. 2007..To identify correlates of spontaneous hepatitis C virus (HCV) clearance among people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) co-infection...