Affiliation: University of California
- The role of medical education in reducing health care disparities: the first ten years of the UCLA/Drew Medical Education ProgramMichelle Ko
Department of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:625-31. 2007..We have previously shown that, in comparison to their UCLA counterparts, students in the Drew program had greater odds of maintaining their commitment to medically disadvantaged populations over the course of medical education...
- Impact of the University of California, Los Angeles/Charles R. Drew University Medical Education Program on medical students' intentions to practice in underserved areasMichelle Ko
Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, 1741 Colby Avenue, 301, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Acad Med 80:803-8. 2005..To estimate the impact of a U.S. inner-city medical education program on medical school graduates' intentions to practice in underserved communities...
- Urban neighbourhood unemployment history and depressive symptoms over time among late middle age and older adultsRichard G Wight
Department of Community Health Sciences, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 67:153-8. 2013..Contingent effects between neighbourhood unemployment and individual-level employment status (ie, cross-level interactions) are also assessed...
- Whose social capital matters? The case of U.S. urban public hospital closures and conversions to private ownershipMichelle Ko
Department of Health Policy and Management, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 114:188-96. 2014....
- Community residential segregation and the local supply of federally qualified health centersMichelle Ko
Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, 650 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Health Serv Res 48:253-70. 2013..To examine associations between community residential segregation by income and race/ethnicity, and the supply of federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) in urban areas...