A Y Klintsova
Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Therapeutic effects of complex motor training on motor performance deficits induced by neonatal binge-like alcohol exposure in rats . I. Behavioral resultsA Y Klintsova
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 405 N Mathews Ave, Urbana IL 61801, USA
Brain Res 800:48-61. 1998..These results suggest that complex motor skill learning improves some of the motor performance deficits produced by postnatal exposure to alcohol and can potentially serve as a model for rehabilitative intervention...
- Synaptic plasticity in cortical systemsA Y Klintsova
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, 405 North Mathews Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 9:203-8. 1999..An emerging view of synaptic plasticity suggests that local neurotrophin action and synaptically associated protein synthesis may promote synaptic remodelling and changes in receptor expression or activation...
- Therapeutic motor training ameliorates cerebellar effects of postnatal binge alcoholA Y Klintsova
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL 61801, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 22:125-32. 2000..Using unbiased stereological morphological techniques, rehabilitated SC and AE animals were found to exhibit significantly more parallel fiber synapses per Purkinje cell in the paramedian lobule...
- Fragile X mental retardation protein is translated near synapses in response to neurotransmitter activationI J Weiler
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:5395-400. 1997..We suggest that rapid production of FMRP near synapses in response to activation may be important for normal maturation of synaptic connections...
- Induction of multiple synapses by experience in the visual cortex of adult ratsT A Jones
Department of Psychology, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 68:13-20. 1997..This apparent tendency to reutilize presynaptic processes may indicate a constraint upon the formation of neural circuitry and a fundamental form of plastic synaptic change...
- Synaptic regulation of protein synthesis and the fragile X proteinW T Greenough
Department of Psychology, and Beckman Institute, University of Illinois, 405 North Mathews, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7101-6. 2001..This finding suggests that FMRP may be required for the normal processes of maturation and elimination to occur in cerebral cortical development...