Alexandra Maria Klein
Affiliation: University of California
- Advances in pollination ecology from tropical plantation cropsAlexandra Maria Klein
Environmental Sciences Policy and Management, 137 Mulford Hall, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3114, USA
Ecology 89:935-43. 2008..We suggest that mixed tropical landscapes with agroforestry systems have great potential for future research on the interactions between plants and pollinators...
- Inadequate assessment of the ecosystem service rationale for conservation: reply to GhazoulClaire Kremen
University of California, 137 Mulford Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3114, USA
Conserv Biol 22:795-8; discusion 799-801. 2008
- Pollination and other ecosystem services produced by mobile organisms: a conceptual framework for the effects of land-use changeClaire Kremen
Department of Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management, University of California, 137 Mulford Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3114, USA
Ecol Lett 10:299-314. 2007..Developing conceptual models for MABES aids in identifying knowledge gaps, determining research priorities, and targeting interventions that can be applied in an adaptive management context...
- Fruit set of highland coffee increases with the diversity of pollinating beesAlexandra Maria Klein
Agroecology, University of Gottingen, Waldweg 26, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Proc Biol Sci 270:955-61. 2003..Conservation of rainforest adjacent to adequately managed agroforestry systems could improve the yields of farmers...
- Rain forest promotes trophic interactions and diversity of trap-nesting Hymenoptera in adjacent agroforestryAlexandra Maria Klein
Department of Agroecology, University of Gottingen, Waldweg 26, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
J Anim Ecol 75:315-23. 2006....
- Importance of pollinators in changing landscapes for world cropsAlexandra Maria Klein
Agroecology, University of Gottingen, Waldweg 26, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Proc Biol Sci 274:303-13. 2007..Case studies for nine crops on four continents revealed that agricultural intensification jeopardizes wild bee communities and their stabilizing effect on pollination services at the landscape scale...
- Diversity, ecosystem function, and stability of parasitoid-host interactions across a tropical habitat gradientJason M Tylianakis
Agroecology, Georg August University, Waldweg 26, Göttingen D 37073, Germany
Ecology 87:3047-57. 2006..We also show that pooling data over long time periods, as in previous studies, can blur the effect of diversity on parasitism rates, and the appropriate spatiotemporal scale of study must be considered...
- Caveats to quantifying ecosystem services: fruit abortion blurs benefits from crop pollinationMerijn M Bos
Agroecology, University of Goettingen, Waldweg 26, Goettingen D 37073, Germany
Ecol Appl 17:1841-9. 2007....