Emily O Kistner
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Ulcerative colitis-risk loci on chromosomes 1p36 and 12q15 found by genome-wide association studyMark S Silverberg
Mount Sinai Hospital Inflammatory Bowel Disease Group, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G1X5, Canada
Nat Genet 41:216-20. 2009..0 x 10(-16), combined OR = 0.66) and at the IL23R locus on chromosome 1p31 (rs11209026, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 0.56; rs10889677, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 1.29)...
- Using cases and parents to study multiplicative gene-by-environment interactionEmily O Kistner
Department of Health Studies, Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:393-400. 2009..To illustrate, the authors consider polymorphisms in detoxification pathway genes and maternal smoking in relation to the birth defect oral cleft...
- Population-specific genetic variants important in susceptibility to cytarabine arabinoside cytotoxicityChristine M Hartford
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 113:2145-53. 2009..These unique genetic signatures comprise novel genes that can now be studied further in functional studies...
- SCAN: SNP and copy number annotationEric R Gamazon
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Bioinformatics 26:259-62. 2010....
- PACdb: a database for cell-based pharmacogenomicsEric R Gamazon
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:269-73. 2010..PACdb will be regularly updated to include more drugs and new datasets (e.g. baseline microRNA levels). PACdb will be linked into PharmGKB to benefit the next wave of pharmacogenetic and pharmacogenomic discovery...
- Platinum sensitivity-related germline polymorphism discovered via a cell-based approach and analysis of its association with outcome in ovarian cancer patientsR Stephanie Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5490-500. 2011..Cell-based approaches were used to identify genetic markers predictive of patients' risk for poor response prior to chemotherapy...
- Expression and alternative splicing of folate pathway genes in HapMap lymphoblastoid cell linesShiwei Duan
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:549-63. 2009..In this study, we evaluate the genetic regulation for expression and alternative splicing of folate related genes in HapMap lymphoblastoid cell lines (LCLs) of individuals of European and African descent...
- Identification of genomic regions contributing to etoposide-induced cytotoxicityWasim K Bleibel
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Box MC2115, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Genet 125:173-80. 2009..Our findings suggest that susceptibility to etoposide-induced cytotoxicity is heritable and using an integrated genomics approach we identified both genomic regions and SNPs associated with the cytotoxic phenotypes...
- Genetic variants associated with carboplatin-induced cytotoxicity in cell lines derived from AfricansR Stephanie Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Box MC2115, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:3038-46. 2008..The identification of concentration specific genetic signatures allows for potential integration of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenetics in tailoring chemotherapy...