Affiliation: University of Washington
- Statistical properties of infant-directed versus adult-directed speech: insights from speech recognitionKatrin Kirchhoff
Department of Electrical Engineering, Box 352500, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Acoust Soc Am 117:2238-46. 2005..This finding has implications for both automatic speech recognition and theories of infant speech perception...
- Application of statistical machine translation to public health information: a feasibility studyKatrin Kirchhoff
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:473-8. 2011..This article presents a pilot study on the feasibility of using freely available statistical machine translation technology to translate health promotion materials...
- Using crowdsourcing technology for testing multilingual public health promotion materialsAnne M Turner
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Med Internet Res 14:e79. 2012..As a result, adequate feedback from target populations is often insufficient due to the time and resource constraints characteristic to public health...
- Modeling workflow to design machine translation applications for public health practiceAnne M Turner
University of Washington Northwest Center for Public Health Practice, 1107 NE 45th Street, Suite 400, Box 354809, Seattle, WA 98105, USA Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA Electronic address
J Biomed Inform 53:136-46. 2015....
- PHAST: A Collaborative Machine Translation and Post-Editing Tool for Public HealthKristin Dew
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2015:492-501. 2015..PHAST's design can serve as a model for other communities interested in assuring the accuracy of MT through shared language expertise. ..
- A comparison of human and machine translation of health promotion materials for public health practice: time, costs, and qualityAnne M Turner
Northwest Center for Public Health Practice Dr Turner, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health Dr Turner and Ms Cole, Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education, School of Medicine Dr Bergman and Ms Brownstein, and Department of Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering Dr Kirchhoff, University of Washington, Seattle
J Public Health Manag Pract 20:523-9. 2014..Machine translation (MT) with human postediting could fill this gap and work toward decreasing health disparities among non-English speakers...