William D King
Affiliation: University of California
- Examining African Americans' mistrust of the health care system: expanding the research question. Commentary on "Race and trust in the health care system"William D King
CARE Clinic, Department of Infectious Disease, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Public Health Rep 118:366-7. 2003
- Does racial concordance between HIV-positive patients and their physicians affect the time to receipt of protease inhibitors?William D King
UCLA Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, School of Public Health, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:1146-53. 2004..Why racial disparities in antiretroviral use exist is not completely understood. We examined whether racial concordance (patients and providers having the same race) affects the time of receipt of protease inhibitors...
- Attitudes and perceptions of AIDS clinical trials group site coordinators on HIV clinical trial recruitment and retention: a descriptive studyWilliam D King
Univeristy of California at Los Angeles, Department of Infectious Diseases, Los Angeles, California, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:551-63. 2007..Interventions to improve interactions with targeted populations and to remove logistical and language barriers may improve the diversity of clinical trial participants...
- A public health response to the methamphetamine epidemic: the implementation of contingency management to treat methamphetamine dependenceSteven Shoptaw
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Department of Family Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Public Health 6:214. 2006....
- Brief report: Influenza vaccination and health care workers in the United StatesWilliam D King
CARE Center, Department of Infectious Disease, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:181-4. 2006..To determine influenza vaccination rates among U.S. health care workers (HCWs) by demographic and occupational categories...
- Early developmental changes in IGF-I, IGF-II, IGF binding protein-1, and IGF binding protein-3 concentration in the cerebrospinal fluid of childrenR Clay Bunn
Arkansas Children s Hospital Research Institute, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1120 Marshall Street, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Pediatr Res 58:89-93. 2005..We propose that IGF-I and certain IGFBPs are likely necessary for normal CNS development during critical stages of neonatal brain growth and development...
- Accuracy and response time when clerks are used for telephone triageAnn E Klasner
University of Alabama, Birmingham, The Children s Hospital of Alabama, Department of Pediatrics 35233, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:267-9. 2006
- Barriers to pediatric advanced life support training in the state of AlabamaAnnalise Sorrentino
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine, The Children s Hospital, University of Alabama Birmingham, 35233, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 19:408-11. 2003
- Comparison of two forms of albuterol for treatment of acute bronchospasm in pediatric patientsKathy W Monroe
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233, USA
South Med J 96:440-4. 2003..The Circulaire nebulizer (C-Neb) is marketed as superior to low-dose albuterol for acute bronchospasm...
- Black-White mortality from HIV in the United States before and after introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy in 1996Robert S Levine
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37205, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1884-92. 2007..We sought to describe Black-White differences in HIV disease mortality before and after the introduction of highly active antiretroviral treatment (HAART)...