Barbara J King
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Getting Patients Walking: A Pilot Study of Mobilizing Older Adult Patients via a Nurse-Driven InterventionBarbara J King
School of Nursing, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
J Am Geriatr Soc 64:2088-2094. 2016..To develop a system-based intervention including five components that target barriers to nurse-initiated patient ambulation...
- Impact of Fall Prevention on Nurses and Care of Fall Risk PatientsBarbara King
School of Nursing, University of Wisconsin Madison
Gerontologist . 2016..Staff nurses are responsible for providing direct care to patients and for meeting the hospital no falls goal. Little is known about the impact of "zero falls" on nurses, patients and the organization...
- Nursing student attitudes toward and preferences for working with older adultsBarbara J King
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Administration Hospital, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 34:272-91. 2013..In focus groups, students reported that the gerontological course dispelled myths about caring for older adults, and that clinical placement played a major role in influencing student work preferences. ..
- Attributing the responsibility for ambulating patients: a qualitative studyBarbara Doherty-King
University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Nursing, United States
Int J Nurs Stud 50:1240-6. 2013..Nurses have been identified as the professional most capable of promoting walking independence in the hospital setting. However, nurses do not routinely walk patients...
- The consequences of poor communication during transitions from hospital to skilled nursing facility: a qualitative studyBarbara J King
School of Nursing, University of Wisconsin at Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:1095-102. 2013..To examine how skilled nursing facility (SNF) nurses transition the care of individuals admitted from hospitals, the barriers they experience, and the outcomes associated with variation in the quality of transitions...