Affiliation: University of California
- Maintenance and manipulation of information in schizophrenia: further evidence for impairment in the central executive component of working memoryJunghoon Kim
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Schizophr Res 68:173-87. 2004..These results suggest that while both maintenance and central executive aspects of working memory are impaired in schizophrenic patients, the central executive may be more severely affected...
- Efficiency of working memory encoding in twins discordant for schizophreniaPeter Bachman
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, United States
Psychiatry Res 174:97-104. 2009..Furthermore, this inefficiency appeared during the late stimulus encoding stage of working memory functioning, possibly reflecting disruptions in stimulus representation consolidation...
- Dorsolateral prefrontal cortex activity during maintenance and manipulation of information in working memory in patients with schizophreniaTyrone D Cannon
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1563, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1071-80. 2005..It remains unclear whether altered regional brain physiological activity in patients with schizophrenia during working memory tasks relates to maintenance-related processes, manipulation-related (ie, executive) processes, or both...
- Abnormally high EEG alpha synchrony during working memory maintenance in twins discordant for schizophreniaPeter Bachman
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, United States
Schizophr Res 103:293-7. 2008....
- Continuous ASL perfusion fMRI investigation of higher cognition: quantification of tonic CBF changes during sustained attention and working memory tasksJunghoon Kim
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, 1200 W Tabor Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
Neuroimage 31:376-85. 2006..Increased applications of the method to the investigation of cognitively impaired populations are expected to follow...
- Executive function and self-awareness of "real-world" behavior and attention deficits following traumatic brain injuryTessa Hart
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Elkins Park, PA 19141, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 20:333-47. 2005..To investigate the relationship between executive function and awareness of real-world behavioral and attentional dysfunction in persons with moderate and severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) and uninjured controls...
- Executive function as a predictor of inattentive behavior after traumatic brain injuryJunghoon Kim
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 11:434-45. 2005..The current study supports the hypothesis that executive function, measured by commonly used neuropsychological tests, significantly predicts certain aspects of inattentive behavior in real-world tasks after TBI...
- Comparative analysis of pedicle screw versus hybrid instrumentation in posterior spinal fusion of adolescent idiopathic scoliosisYongjung J Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, St Louis, MO, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:291-8. 2006..A retrospective matched cohort study...