Gene H Kim
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Murine fetal echocardiographyGene H Kim
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, University of Chicago, USA
J Vis Exp . 2013..High-frequency ultrasound imaging of the fetus has improved 2-D resolution and can provide excellent information on the early development of cardiac structures...
- The role of redox signaling in epigenetics and cardiovascular diseaseGene H Kim
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 18:1920-36. 2013..There is a rapidly growing body of evidence that epigenetic modifications are involved in the pathological mechanisms of many cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), which intersect with many of the pathways involved in oxidative stress...
- MicroRNA regulation of cardiac conduction and arrhythmiasGene H Kim
University of Chicago, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Transl Res 161:381-92. 2013..This article aims to review the studies linking miRNAs to cardiac excitability and other processes pertinent to arrhythmia...
- Screening for Outflow Cannula Malfunction of Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) With the Use of Doppler Echocardiography: New LVAD-Specific Reference Values for Contemporary DevicesJonathan Grinstein
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
J Card Fail 22:808-14. 2016....
- Accurate Quantification Methods for Aortic Insufficiency Severity in Patients With LVAD: Role of Diastolic Flow Acceleration and Systolic-to-Diastolic Peak Velocity Ratio of Outflow CannulaJonathan Grinstein
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 9:641-51. 2016....
- Novel echocardiographic parameters of aortic insufficiency in continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices and clinical outcomeJonathan Grinstein
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 35:976-85. 2016..We previously described novel TTE parameters that outperformed traditional TTE parameters in grading AI severity in these patients...
- Hemodynamic Ramp Tests in Patients With Left Ventricular Assist DevicesNir Uriel
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois Electronic address
JACC Heart Fail 4:208-17. 2016..This study tested whether combined invasive hemodynamic and echocardiographic ramp tests can help optimize patient management...
- The superhealing MRL background improves muscular dystrophyAhlke Heydemann
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, 5841 S, Maryland, MC 6088, Chicago, IL, 60637, USA
Skelet Muscle 2:26. 2012..With disruption of the dystrophin complex, the muscle plasma membrane becomes leaky and muscles develop increased fibrosis...
- TBX5 drives Scn5a expression to regulate cardiac conduction system functionDavid E Arnolds
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Invest 122:2509-18. 2012....
- Epigenetic mechanisms of pulmonary hypertensionGene H Kim
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pulm Circ 1:347-56. 2011..Epigenetics may be relevant to the female predisposition to PAH and the incomplete penetrance of BMPR2 mutations in familial PAH...
- Current practice for determining pulmonary capillary wedge pressure predisposes to serious errors in the classification of patients with pulmonary hypertensionJohn J Ryan
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Am Heart J 163:589-94. 2012....
- The role of microRNA-130a in cardiac development.Gene Kim; Fiscal Year: 2008..MicroRNA-130a, through its potential interaction with FOG-2, may play a significant role in normal heart development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..