Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- OmcF, a putative c-Type monoheme outer membrane cytochrome required for the expression of other outer membrane cytochromes in Geobacter sulfurreducensByoung Chan Kim
Department of Microbiology, 203 Morrill Science IVN, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 639 North Pleasant St, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Bacteriol 187:4505-13. 2005..Thus, elimination of OmcF may impair Fe(III) reduction by influencing expression of OmcB, which has previously been demonstrated to play a critical role in Fe(III) reduction...
- Two putative c-type multiheme cytochromes required for the expression of OmcB, an outer membrane protein essential for optimal Fe(III) reduction in Geobacter sulfurreducensByoung Chan Kim
Department of Microbiology, 203 Morrill Science Center IVN, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 639 North Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Bacteriol 188:3138-42. 2006..Expression of either gene restored Fe(III) reduction and OmcB expression, suggesting functional similarity...
- Insights into genes involved in electricity generation in Geobacter sulfurreducens via whole genome microarray analysis of the OmcF-deficient mutantByoung Chan Kim
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, 639 North Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Bioelectrochemistry 73:70-5. 2008....
- Investigation of direct vs. indirect involvement of the c-type cytochrome MacA in Fe(III) reduction by Geobacter sulfurreducensByoung Chan Kim
Department of Microbiology, 203 Morrill Science IVN, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 286:39-44. 2008..These results suggest that MacA is not directly involved in electron transfer to Fe(III) and further confirm the importance of OmcB in Fe(III) reduction by G. sulfurreducens...
- Importance of c-Type cytochromes for U(VI) reduction by Geobacter sulfurreducensEvgenya S Shelobolina
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
BMC Microbiol 7:16. 2007..In order to study the mechanism of U(VI) reduction, the effect of deleting c-type cytochrome genes on the capacity of Geobacter sulfurreducens to reduce U(VI) with acetate serving as the electron donor was investigated...
- Characterization of a thermostable L-arabinose (D-galactose) isomerase from the hyperthermophilic eubacterium Thermotoga maritimaDong Woo Lee
Department of Biotechnology and Bioproducts Research Center, College of Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:1397-404. 2004..The enzyme carried out the isomerization of D-galactose to D-tagatose with a conversion yield of 56% for 6 h at 80 degrees C...
- Characterization of a thermoacidophilic L-arabinose isomerase from Alicyclobacillus acidocaldarius: role of Lys-269 in pH optimumSang Jae Lee
Department of Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seodaemun gu, Shinchon Dong 134, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:7888-96. 2005..From these results, we propose that the position corresponding to the Lys-269 residue of AAAI could play an important role in the determination of the pH optima of homologous AIs...