Affiliation: University of Evansville
- Experimentally induced pain alters the EMG activity of the lumbar multifidus in asymptomatic subjectsKyle B Kiesel
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN, USA
Man Ther 17:236-40. 2012..These results suggest that the LM does not respond to induced pain in the same manner during different phases of functionally oriented tasks...
- Measurement of lumbar multifidus muscle contraction with rehabilitative ultrasound imagingKyle B Kiesel
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Rehabilitation Sciences Doctoral Program, University of Kentucky College of Health Sciences, 900 South Limestone, CHS 126, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Man Ther 12:161-6. 2007..39,P<.001). Measurement of muscle thickness change utilizing RUSI is a valid and potentially useful method to measure activation of the LM muscle in a narrow range (19-34% of MVIC) in an asymptomatic population...
- Rehabilitative ultrasound measurement of select trunk muscle activation during induced painKyle B Kiesel
Rehabilitation Sciences Doctoral Program, University of Kentucky, USA
Man Ther 13:132-8. 2008..These results indicate that RUSI can be used to measure pain-related changes in deep trunk muscle activation. Future research should include a larger sample size and women...
- A comparison of select trunk muscle thickness change between subjects with low back pain classified in the treatment-based classification system and asymptomatic controlsKyle B Kiesel
Department of Physical Therapy, College of Education and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, WGH 206, Evansville, IN 47722, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 37:596-607. 2007..Cross-sectional descriptive...
- Functional movement test scores improve following a standardized off-season intervention program in professional football playersK Kiesel
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana 47722, USA
Scand J Med Sci Sports 21:287-92. 2011..Further research is required to determine if injury risk is reduced when a player's score improves beyond the established cut-off of 14 and/or asymmetry is resolved...