Affiliation: University of California
- Plantar forefoot pressure changes after second metatarsal neck osteotomyAfshin Khalafi
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, USA
Foot Ankle Int 26:550-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate plantar pressure changes after second metatarsal neck osteotomy using the Weil technique...
- The effect of plate rotation on the stiffness of femoral LISS: a mechanical studyAfshin Khalafi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Orthop Trauma 20:542-6. 2006..This study compares the mechanical stability of "correctly" affixed LISS plates matching the slope of the lateral femoral condyle to "incorrectly" placed LISS plates fixed in external rotation relative to the distal femur...
- Increased accumulation of superficial zone protein (SZP) in articular cartilage in response to bone morphogenetic protein-7 and growth factorsAfshin Khalafi
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Orthop Res 25:293-303. 2007..Furthermore, tissue engineering approaches to articular cartilage may depend on the optimal synthesis and assembly of SZP in the superficial zone to ensure functional tissue architecture...
- Fixation of the femoral condyles: a mechanical comparison of small and large fragment screw fixationAfshin Khalafi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Trauma 64:740-4. 2008..To compare the stability achieved using two 6.5-mm screws versus two or four 3.5-mm screws for the fixation of a unicondylar distal femur fracture...
- Mechanotransduction of bovine articular cartilage superficial zone protein by transforming growth factor beta signalingCOREY P NEU
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:3706-14. 2007..This study was undertaken to investigate the mechanotransduction process of expression of superficial zone protein (SZP), a critical joint lubricant...
- A biomechanical comparison of locked plate fixation with percutaneous insertion capability versus the angled blade plate in a subtrochanteric fracture gap modelBrett D Crist
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri Columbia, One Hospital Drive, MC213, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Orthop Trauma 23:622-7. 2009....