Affiliation: University of California
- The underuse of carotid interventions in veterans with symptomatic carotid stenosisSalomeh Keyhani
San Francisco VA Medical Center, 4150 Clement St 111A1, San Francisco, CA 94121 E mail
Am J Manag Care 20:e250-6. 2014..To examine the receipt of carotid intervention among eligible patients post stroke in the Veterans Health Administration (VA)...
- The relationship between geographic variations and overuse of healthcare services: a systematic reviewSalomeh Keyhani
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, CA, USA
Med Care 50:257-61. 2012..To examine the relationship between overuse of healthcare services and geographic variations in medical care...
- Overuse and systems of care: a systematic reviewSalomeh Keyhani
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Med Care 51:503-8. 2013..Current health care reform efforts are focused on reorganizing health care systems to reduce waste in the US health care system...
- The use and misuse of thrombolytic therapy within the Veterans Health AdministrationSalomeh Keyhani
Department of Veterans Affairs VHA Health Services Research and Development Service HSR and D Research Enhancement Award Program REAP, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Med Care 50:66-73. 2012..We examined the use and misuse of thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in a national sample of veterans who were admitted to a VHA Medical Center (VAMC) with acute ischemic stroke...
- Overuse of health care services in the United States: an understudied problemDeborah Korenstein
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Intern Med 172:171-8. 2012..We performed an extensive search for studies of overuse of therapeutic procedures, diagnostic tests, and medications in the United States and describe the state of the literature...
- Does the inclusion of stroke severity in a 30-day mortality model change standardized mortality rates at Veterans Affairs hospitals?Salomeh Keyhani
San Francisco VA Medical Center HSR and D REAP, San Francisco, CA, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:508-13. 2012..We examined whether inclusion of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS), a measure of stroke severity not included in administrative data, would alter 30-day mortality rates in the Veterans Health Administration...
- Correlation of inpatient and outpatient measures of stroke care quality within veterans health administration hospitalsJoseph S Ross
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine and Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT, USA
Stroke 42:2269-75. 2011..We examined the correlation between stroke care quality at hospital discharge and within 6 months postdischarge...
- Do Health Care Delivery System Reforms Improve Value? The Jury Is Still OutDeborah Korenstein
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco San Francisco VA Medical Center Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Med Care 54:55-66. 2016..Widespread restructuring of health delivery systems is underway in the United States to reduce costs and improve the quality of health care...
- Trends in the overuse of ambulatory health care services in the United StatesMinal S Kale
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:142-8. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine whether the overuse and misuse of health care services in the ambulatory setting has decreased in the past decade...