Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior services in patient-centered medical homesRodger Kessler
From the Department of Family Medicine RK, MK, Department of General Internal Medicine AK, BL, CDM, CVE, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington the University of Colorado, Denver, School of Medicine, Denver BFM, WP the National Committee for Quality Assurance, Washington, DC SHS, MT, SM and the American Academy of Family Physicians, Leawood, KS DG, WDP
J Am Board Fam Med 27:637-44. 2014..The purpose of this study was to understand mental health, substance use, and health behavior activities within primary care practices recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs)...
- Mental health care treatment initiation when mental health services are incorporated into primary care practiceRodger Kessler
Department of Family Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:255-9. 2012..In both practices referrals for mental health services are made within the practice...
- Identifying and screening for psychological and comorbid medical and psychological disorders in medical settingsRodger Kessler
Department of Family Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Montpelier, VT 05602, USA
J Clin Psychol 65:253-67. 2009....
- Across the great divide: introduction to the special issue on psychology in medicineRodger Kessler
Department of Family Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, USA
J Clin Psychol 65:231-4. 2009....
- The problem of integrating behavioral health in the medical home and the questions it leads toRodger Kessler
Department of Family Medicine and Center for Translational Science, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Berlin Family Health, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 16:4-12. 2009..This paper will identify the elements that need to be changed in order for psychology to be integrated into medicine rather than excluded from its policy, planning and operations...
- A proposal to speed translation of healthcare research into practice: dramatic change is neededRodger Kessler
College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:637-44. 2011..Current research paradigms generally have not provided the answers needed for more probable and more rapid translation. A major shift is proposed to produce research with more rapid clinical, public health, and policy impact...
- Integrating Behavioral Health in Primary Care Using Lean Workflow Analysis: A Case StudyConstance van Eeghen
From the Departments of General Internal Medicine Research CvE, BL and Family Medicine RK, and the Center for Clinical and Translational Science CvE, BL, RK, University of Vermont, Burlington and the James M Jeffords Institute for Quality and Operational Effectiveness, Measurement Group, University of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington MDH
J Am Board Fam Med 29:385-93. 2016..Lean workflow analysis may be an efficient, effective, and acceptable method for use during integration. The objectives of this study were to observe BH integration into primary care and to measure its impact...