Robert R Kempainen
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- The evaluation and management of accidental hypothermiaRobert R Kempainen
Department of Medicine, Fairview University Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Respir Care 49:192-205. 2004..Initial evaluation and stabilization, selection of a rewarming strategy, and criteria for withholding or withdrawing support are discussed...
- Understanding our mistakes: a primer on errors in clinical reasoningRobert R Kempainen
Departments of Internal Medicine and Medical Education, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Med Teach 25:177-81. 2003..Clinical scenarios are used to illustrate key points and place the material in a readily accessible framework...
- Comparison of settings used for high-frequency chest-wall compression in cystic fibrosisRobert R Kempainen
Department of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Mail Stop G 5, 701 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Respir Care 55:695-701. 2010....
- High prevalence of proximal and distal gastroesophageal reflux disease in advanced COPDRobert R Kempainen
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, MMC 276, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Chest 131:1666-71. 2007..The aims of this study were to determine the prevalence, presentation, and predictors of GERD based on proximal and distal esophageal pH monitoring in patients with severe COPD...
- Life on the receiving end: A qualitative analysis of health providers' illness narrativesRobert R Kempainen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Acad Med 82:207-13. 2007..The authors performed a qualitative analysis of illness narratives to develop an explicit framework for understanding what it feels like to be a health care recipient and to explore how providers' behaviors influence that experience...
- Fellows as teachers: the teacher-assistant experience during pulmonary subspecialty trainingRobert R Kempainen
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Chest 128:401-6. 2005..The purpose of this article is to describe the teacher-assistant requirement for fellows in a pulmonary and critical care training program and gain the perspectives of program graduates on their experiences as teacher assistants...
- Comparison of scholarly productivity of general and subspecialty clinician-educators in internal medicineRobert R Kempainen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:323-8. 2004..There is concern that these criteria may be disadvantageous to clinician-educators in generalist fields relative to their specialist counterparts...
- Publications and extramural activities of general internal medicine and medicine subspecialty clinician-educators: a multicenter studyRobert R Kempainen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Acad Med 80:238-43. 2005....
- Comparison of high-frequency chest wall oscillation with differing waveforms for airway clearance in cystic fibrosisRobert R Kempainen
Minnesota Cystic Fibrosis Center, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Chest 132:1227-32. 2007....
- Effect of endoscopic sinus surgery on pulmonary status of adults with cystic fibrosisRobert R Kempainen
The Minnesota CF Center, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 147:557-62. 2012..This study assessed the effect of FESS on the respiratory status of adult patients with CF...
- Pulmonary and Critical Care In-Service Training Examination Score as a Predictor of Board Certification Examination PerformanceRobert R Kempainen
1 Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Hennepin County Medical Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Ann Am Thorac Soc 13:481-8. 2016..Whether ITE scores predict performance on the American Board of Internal Medicine Pulmonary Disease Certification Examination and Critical Care Medicine Certification Examination is unknown...