Gail M Keenan
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Top EHR challenges in light of the stimulus. Enabling effective interdisciplinary, intradisciplinary and cross-setting communicationAndrew D Boyd
University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
J Healthc Inf Manag 24:18-24. 2010..All of these challenges need to be considered for wise installation of health IT. In addition, attention must be paid to weaknesses in the current healthcare system to prevent codifying them in health IT...
- Challenges to nurses' efforts of retrieving, documenting, and communicating patient care informationGail Keenan
University of Illinois Chicago, College of Nursing, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:245-51. 2013..To examine information flow, a vital component of a patient's care and outcomes, in a sample of multiple hospital nursing units to uncover potential sources of error and opportunities for systematic improvement...
- Standardized nursing terminologies can transform practiceGail M Keenan
Nursing Informatics Initiative, College of Nursing, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
J Nurs Adm 38:103-6. 2008
- Maintaining a consistent big picture: meaningful use of a Web-based POC EHR systemGail M Keenan
College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Nurs Knowl 23:119-33. 2012....
- Nurse Continuity and Hospital-Acquired Pressure Ulcers: A Comparative Analysis Using an Electronic Health Record "Big Data" SetJanet Stifter
Janet Stifter, PhD, RN, is Postdoctoral Scholar, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago Yingwei Yao, PhD, is Research Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, and College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville Muhammad Kamran Lodhi, BS, is PhD Candidate, University of Illinois at Chicago Electrical and Computer Engineering Karen Dunn Lopez, PhD, MPH, RN, is Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago Ashfaq Khokhar, PhD, is Professor, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Diana J Wilkie, PhD, RN, FAAN, is Earl and Margo Powers Endowed Professor, College of Nursing, University of Florida at Gainesville, and was the Harriet J Werley Endowed Chair for Nursing Research, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago Gail M Keenan, PhD, RN, FAAN, Willow Grove
Nurs Res 64:361-71. 2015..Little research demonstrating the association between nurse continuity and patient outcomes exists despite an intuitive belief that continuity makes a difference in care outcomes...
- Predictive Modeling for Comfortable Death Outcome Using Electronic Health RecordsMuhammad Kamran Lodhi
College of Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, United States
Proc IEEE Int Congr Big Data 2015:409-415. 2015..These models can help in determining effective treatments, lowering healthcare costs, and improving the quality of end-of-life (EOL) care...
- Infomarkers for transition to goals consistent with palliative care in dying patientsYingwei Yao
Department of Biobehavioral Health Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Palliat Support Care 13:1427-34. 2015..The aim of our study was to identify changes in the plans of care that represent infomarkers, which signal a transition of care goals from nonpalliative care ones to those consistent with palliative care...
- Evaluating a Clinical Decision Support Interface for End-of-Life Nurse CareAlessandro Febretti
Electronic Visualization Lab, University of Illinois at Chicago, 824 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607 USA
Ext Abstr Hum Factors Computing Syst 2014:1633-1638. 2014..These findings provide insights into effective nursing CDSS design that are generalizable to care scenarios different than end-of-life...
- Electronic tools for cognitive support during resident handoffs: state of the practice and future directionsKaren Dunn Lopez
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing, Chicago, IL City, MA, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2012:5-7. 2012..This presentation will provide an overview of existing electronic handoff tools and the design implications for future tools...
- Proposing a New Conceptual Model and an Exemplar Measure Using Health Information: Technology to Examine the Impact of Relational Nurse Continuity on Hospital-Acquired Pressure UlcersJanet Stifter
College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago Drs Stifter and Lopez College of Nursing, University of Florida, Gainesville Drs Yao, Wilkie, and Keenan and Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois Dr Khokhar
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 38:241-51. 2015..Understanding the power of big data to address critical clinical issues may foster a new direction for nursing administration theory development. ..
- Are we talking about the same patient?Khawllah Roussi
Department of Biomedical and Health Information Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago UIC, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 216:1059. 2015..The objective of this study is to determine the degree of similarities between the clinical terms used by physicians and nurses in their documentation. ..
- Developing and Testing of a Software Prototype to Support Diagnostic Reasoning of Nursing StudentsVanessa Emille Carvalho de Sousa
Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Health Systems Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Int J Nurs Knowl . 2016..To design and test educational software to improve nursing students' diagnostic reasoning through NANDA-I-based clinical scenarios...
- The HANDS project: studying and refining the automated collection of a cross-setting clinical data setGail M Keenan
University of Michigan School of Nursing, 400 N Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0482, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 20:89-100. 2002..Results and lessons learned during Phase I are reported...
- HIT Support for Safe Nursing CareGail Keenan; Fiscal Year: 2006..h.r.). ..