Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- The association of plasma biomarkers with computed tomography-assessed emphysema phenotypesBrendan J Carolan
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, 1400 Jackson St, Denver 80206, CO, USA
Respir Res 15:127. 2014..e., nodules). Using a comprehensive biomarker panel, we sought to determine if there was a peripheral blood biomarker signature of emphysema...
- Genetical genomic determinants of alcohol consumption in rats and humansBoris Tabakoff
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
BMC Biol 7:70. 2009....
- Prediction of alternatively skipped exons and splicing enhancers from exon junction arraysKaterina Kechris
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, 4200 East 9th Avenue, B 119, Denver, CO 80262, USA
BMC Genomics 9:551. 2008..Predictions based on our method are compared against controls and their sequences are analyzed to identify motifs important for regulating alternative splicing...
- c-REDUCE: incorporating sequence conservation to detect motifs that correlate with expressionKaterina Kechris
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, B 119, Denver, CO 80262, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:506. 2008..Correlation-based motif finding strategies are used to identify motifs that correlate with expression data and do not rely on promoter sequences from a pre-determined set of genes...
- Generalizing moving averages for tiling arrays using combined p-value statisticsKaterina J Kechris
University of Colorado Denver, CO, USA
Stat Appl Genet Mol Biol 9:Article29. 2010..We also present an application for the generalization of the moving average based on integrating two different tiling array experiments...
- The Discordant Method: A Novel Approach for Differential CorrelationCharlotte Siska
Computational Bioscience Program, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO
Bioinformatics . 2015..We have developed a tool, the Discordant method, which categorizes the correlation types for each group to make this possible...
- MSPrep--summarization, normalization and diagnostics for processing of mass spectrometry-based metabolomic dataGrant Hughes
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, University of Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO, Department of Immunology, National Jewish Health Center, Denver, CO, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN and Department of Pulmonary Medicine, National Jewish Health Center, Denver, CO, USA
Bioinformatics 30:133-4. 2014..We developed the MSPrep R package to complement other packages by providing these additional steps, implementing a selection of popular normalization algorithms and generating diagnostics to help guide investigators in their analyses...