Genomes and Genes
Sharyn I Katz
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- PET, CT, and MR Imaging for Assessment of Thoracic Malignancy: Structure Meets FunctionSharyn Katz
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
PET Clin 3:395-410. 2008..MR imaging is also occasionally used in some patients with thoracic malignancies to improve disease staging or lesion characterization. PET/MR imaging may come to be used to evaluate patients with thoracic malignancies as well. ..
- Radiation dose associated with unenhanced CT for suspected renal colic: impact of repetitive studiesSharyn I Katz
Department of Radiology, Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8042, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1120-4. 2006....
- FLT-PET may not be a reliable indicator of therapeutic response in p53-null malignancySharyn I Katz
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1 Silverstein Building, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Oncol 39:91-100. 2011..Thus, tumor imaging response by FLT may be limited in human tumors without functional p53...
- A trial of intrapleural adenoviral-mediated Interferon-α2b gene transfer for malignant pleural mesotheliomaDaniel H Sterman
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104 4283, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1395-9. 2011..Clinical trial registered with www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT 01212367)...
- Sorafenib inhibits ERK1/2 and MCL-1(L) phosphorylation levels resulting in caspase-independent cell death in malignant pleural mesotheliomaSharyn I Katz
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology and Cell Cycle Regulation, Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 8:2406-16. 2009..We document single agent activity of sorafenib against MPM, unravel novel effects of sorafenib on anti-apoptotic signaling mediators, and suggest the combination of sorafenib plus TRAIL as possible therapy for clinical testing in MPM...
- A phase I trial of repeated intrapleural adenoviral-mediated interferon-beta gene transfer for mesothelioma and metastatic pleural effusionsDaniel H Sterman
Section of Interventional Pulmonology and Thoracic Oncology, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4283, USA
Mol Ther 18:852-60. 2010..This approach was safe, induced immune responses and disease stability. However, rapid development of Nabs prevented effective gene transfer after the second dose, even with a dose interval as short as 7 days...