Paul R Katz
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Strengthening the fellowship training experience: findings from a national survey of fellowship trained geriatricians 1990-1998Annette Medina-Walpole
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:607-10. 2004..Accredited geriatric fellowship programs as well as fellows should recognize potential gaps in training, and make available opportunities to strengthen these areas critical to preparing for future careers in geriatric medicine...
- Nursing home physician specialists: a response to the workforce crisis in long-term carePaul R Katz
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 435 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Ann Intern Med 150:411-3. 2009..Implications for quality of care, health policy, and research needs are discussed in this article...
- Medical staff organization in nursing homes: scale development and validationPaul R Katz
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 10:498-504. 2009....
- Nursing home medical staff organization: correlates with quality indicatorsPaul R Katz
University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 12:655-9. 2011..Taking a lead from the acute care arena, we hypothesize that nursing home medical staff organization (NHMSO) is an important predictor of clinical outcomes in the nursing home...
- The nursing home physician workforcePaul R Katz
Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 7:394-7; discussion 397-8. 2006
- Academic career development in geriatric fellowship trainingAnnette Medina-Walpole
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics and Aging, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:2061-7. 2007..It could set a new standard for academic development during fellowship training and provide a model for national dissemination in other geriatric and subspecialty fellowship programs...
- Profile of physicians in the nursing home: time perception and barriers to optimal medical practiceThomas V Caprio
University of Rochester, Division of Geriatrics and Aging, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 10:93-7. 2009....
- Commentary: The physician's role in nursing home quality of care: focus on restraintsThomas V Caprio
Geriatrics Aging Division, University of Rochester Medical Center, Monroe Community Hospital, New York 14620, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 20:295-304. 2008..We discuss how the physician's role fits into this quality of care equation for nursing homes and its implications for new clinical, research, and policy directions for long-term care...
- Pioneering a Nursing Home Quality Improvement Learning Collaborative: A Case Study of Method and Lessons LearnedSuzanne M Gillespie
Division of Geriatrics and Aging, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 17:136-41. 2016..To describe the development of a nursing home (NH) quality improvement learning collaborative (QILC) that provides Lean Six Sigma (LSS) training and infrastructure support for quality assurance performance improvement change efforts...
- The current state of geriatric medicine: a national survey of fellowship-trained geriatricians, 1990 to 1998Annette Medina-Walpole
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:949-55. 2002..Although there is a national need to train clinical geriatricians, the additional need to train and fund future geriatric academic leaders requires increased attention...