C E Kashtan
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor therapy in children with Alport syndrome: effect on urinary albumin, TGF-beta, and nitrite excretionLiora Adler
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, Schneider Children s Hospital of the North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
BMC Nephrol 3:2. 2002..We evaluated the effect of short-term therapy with the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor, enalapril, in early Alport syndrome, defined as disease duration less than 10 years and a normal glomerular filtration rate...
- Glomerular diseaseC E Kashtan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, 55455, USA
Semin Nephrol 19:353-63. 1999..Investigation of these disorders has resulted in the identification of proteins that play important roles in glomerular development, structure, and function...
- Alport syndrome. An inherited disorder of renal, ocular, and cochlear basement membranesC E Kashtan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 78:338-60. 1999..Renal transplantation for AS is usually very successful. Occasional patients develop anti-GBM nephritis of the allograft, almost always resulting in graft loss...
- Alport syndromes: phenotypic heterogeneity of progressive hereditary nephritisC E Kashtan
University of Minnesota Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 14:502-12. 2000....
- Abnormal glomerular basement membrane laminins in murine, canine, and human Alport syndrome: aberrant laminin alpha2 deposition is species independentC E Kashtan
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Box 491, UMHV, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:252-60. 2001..These findings emphasize further the critical role played by the alpha3, alpha4, and alpha5 chains of type IV collagen in establishing and maintaining the composition, structure, and function of mature GBM...
- Aortic dissection in young patients with chronic hypertensionB A Vogt
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 33:374-8. 1999..Physicians must be aware of this rare complication of hypertension and consider aortic dissection in the differential diagnosis of unusual chest, abdominal, and back pain in hypertensive children, adolescents, and young adults...
- Puromycin aminonucleoside suppresses integrin expression in cultured glomerular epithelial cellsU Krishnamurti
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, 515 Delaware Street S.E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:758-66. 2001....