Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Diet-disease gene interactionsJim Kaput
NutraGenomics, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Nutrition 20:26-31. 2004
- Nutritional genomics: the next frontier in the postgenomic eraJim Kaput
Laboratory for High Performance Computing and Informatics, Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Physiol Genomics 16:166-77. 2004..e., "individualized nutrition") can be used to prevent, mitigate, or cure chronic disease...
- Application of nutrigenomic concepts to Type 2 diabetes mellitusJim Kaput
Laboratory of Nutrigenomic Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Illinois Chicago, 840 South Wood Street MC 958, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 17:89-103. 2007..Reviewed here are the key nutrigenomic concepts that help explain aspects of the development and complexity of T2DM...
- Nutrigenomics--2006 updateJim Kaput
Center of Excellence in Nutritional Genomics, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:279-87. 2007..The increase in interest and funding is beginning to generate the critical mass to realize the promise of nutritional genomics...
- Complexity of type 2 diabetes mellitus data sets emerging from nutrigenomic research: a case for dimensionality reduction?Jim Kaput
Center of Excellence in Nutritional Genomics, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mutat Res 622:19-32. 2007..Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is used as an illustration of the challenges in studying complex phenotypes with nutrigenomics concepts and approaches...
- Harnessing Nutrigenomics: Development of web-based communication, databases, resources, and toolsJim Kaput
NuGO, European Nutrigenomics Organization, USA
Genes Nutr 1:5-11. 2006..This portal aims at becoming the prime source ofinformation and interaction for nutrigenomics scientists through a collaborative effort...
- Developing the promise of nutrigenomics through complete science and international collaborationsJim Kaput
Laboratory of Nutrigenomic Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Forum Nutr 60:209-23. 2007....
- Nutrigenomics: concepts and applications to pharmacogenomics and clinical medicineJim Kaput
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois Chicago, 909 South Wolcott Street MC 958, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Pharmacogenomics 8:369-90. 2007..Nutrigenomic concepts, research strategies and clinical implementation are similar to and overlap those of pharmacogenomics, and both are fundamental to the treatment of disease and maintenance of optimal health...
- The case for strategic international alliances to harness nutritional genomics for public and personal healthJim Kaput
Center of Excellence in Nutritional Genomics, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Br J Nutr 94:623-32. 2005....
- Identification of genes contributing to the obese yellow Avy phenotype: caloric restriction, genotype, diet x genotype interactionsJim Kaput
University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Physiol Genomics 18:316-24. 2004..A subset of the identified genes is linked to abnormal physiological signs observed in obesity and diabetes...
- Decoding the pyramid: a systems-biological approach to nutrigenomicsJim Kaput
Laboratory of High Speed Computing and Informatics, NCMHD Center of Excellence in Nutritional Genomics, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1055:64-79. 2005..Optimal nutrition may also influence the aging process...
- Nutrient selection through nutrigenomic approachesJim Kaput
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R204-6. 2007
- Third Santorini conference pharmacogenomics workshop report: "Pharmacogenomics at the crossroads: what else than good science will be needed for the field to become part of Personalized Medicine?"Adrian Llerena
Universidad de Extremadura CICAB SES Fundesalud, Badajoz, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:843-50. 2007..Finally, a technical report from the Institute for Prospective Technological Studies on the socioeconomic impact of pharmacogenomics in the EU was presented...
- Assessing batch effects of genotype calling algorithm BRLMM for the Affymetrix GeneChip Human Mapping 500 K array set using 270 HapMap samplesHuixiao Hong
Division of Systems Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S17. 2008..In this paper, we analyzed both the batch size and batch composition for effects on the genotype calling algorithm BRLMM using raw data of 270 HapMap samples analyzed with the Affymetrix Human Mapping 500 K array set...