Affiliation: University of California
- Cost-effectiveness of outpatient cardiac monitoring to detect atrial fibrillation after ischemic strokeHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology University of California, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Stroke 41:1514-20. 2010..Therefore, we performed a cost-utility analysis of outpatient cardiac monitoring after ischemic stroke...
- Hypertonic saline versus mannitol for the treatment of elevated intracranial pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 39:554-9. 2011..We therefore combined their findings in a meta-analysis...
- Detection of atrial fibrillation after stroke and the risk of recurrent strokeHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:726-31. 2012..These findings identify a subset of patients at high risk for recurrent stroke and highlight the importance of timely detection of AF in patients with stroke...
- Electroconvulsive therapy for refractory status epilepticus: a case seriesHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, University of California, 505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0114, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neurocrit Care 12:204-10. 2010..Case reports suggest that electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) may stop seizures in patients with refractory status epilepticus, and we sought to examine its effectiveness in a series of patients...
- Detection of atrial fibrillation and secondary stroke prevention using telemetry and ambulatory cardiac monitoringHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 13:338-43. 2011..Even using current therapeutics, optimizing the diagnosis of AF remains a key component of quality care for patients with ischemic stroke...
- Delayed detection of atrial fibrillation after ischemic strokeHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:453-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to characterize the rate, timing, and predictors of delayed detection of AF after stroke...
- The THRIVE score predicts symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage after intravenous tPA administration in SITS-MOSTAlexander C Flint
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente, Redwood City, CA, USA
Int J Stroke 9:705-10. 2014....
- Nosocomial Infections and Outcomes after Intracerebral Hemorrhage: A Population-Based StudySantosh B Murthy
Division of Stroke and Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 525 E 68th Street, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Neurocrit Care 25:178-84. 2016..Infections after intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) may be associated with worse outcomes. We aimed to evaluate the association between nosocomial infections (>48 h) and outcomes of ICH at a population level...
- Diagnostic yield of echocardiography in cancer patients with ischemic strokeAlexander E Merkler
Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 525 East 68th Street, Room F610, New York, NY, 10065, USA
J Neurooncol 123:115-21. 2015..The yield of TTE for detecting marantic endocarditis and other cardiac sources of stroke in cancer patients is low, but TEE may provide a higher yield in targeted patients...
- Potential misdiagnoses of Bell's palsy in the emergency departmentJahan Fahimi
Department of Emergency Medicine, Alameda County Medical Center Highland Hospital, Oakland, CA Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 63:428-34. 2014..We evaluate the incidence of potentially incorrect emergency department (ED) diagnoses of Bell's palsy and identify factors associated with identification of a serious alternative diagnosis on follow-up...
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia and the risk of ischemic strokeHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 525 E 68th St, F610, New York, NY 10065, USA
Stroke 44:1550-4. 2013..It is unknown whether supraventricular arrhythmias other than atrial fibrillation or flutter are associated with stroke...
- Ischemic stroke of the pyramidal decussation causing quadriplegia and anarthriaEmilia G Wilkins
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0114, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:620.e1-2. 2012..Although rare, infarction of the pyramidal decussation should be considered in the differential diagnosis when patients present with atraumatic pure motor quadriplegia...
- The effect of decompressive hemicraniectomy on brain temperature after severe brain injuryKazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurovascular Service, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M 830, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Neurocrit Care 15:101-6. 2011..Since the skull acts as a potential thermal insulator, we hypothesized that decompressive hemicraniectomy facilitates surface cooling and lowers brain temperature...
- Application of the ABCD2 score to identify cerebrovascular causes of dizziness in the emergency departmentBabak B Navi
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Stroke 43:1484-9. 2012..We evaluated whether this score would also identify cerebrovascular events among emergency department patients with dizziness...
- Rate of perihaematomal oedema expansion is associated with poor clinical outcomes in intracerebral haemorrhageSantosh B Murthy
Division of Stroke and Neurocritical Care, Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, New York, USA Feil Family Brain and Mind Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 87:1169-1173. 2016..We determined whether PHE expansion rate in the first 72 hours after ICH predicts outcome, and how it compares against other PHE measures...
- Hospital revisit rate after a diagnosis of conversion disorderAlexander E Merkler
Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 87:363-6. 2016..To estimate the hospital revisit rate of patients diagnosed with conversion disorder (CD)...
- Validation of the Totaled Health Risks In Vascular Events (THRIVE) score for outcome prediction in endovascular stroke treatmentAlexander C Flint
Department of Neuroscience, Kaiser Permanente Redwood City, Redwood City, CA, USA
Int J Stroke 9:32-9. 2014....
- Time from onset of SIRS to antibiotic administration and outcomes after subarachnoid hemorrhageElan L Guterman
Department of Neurology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 525 East 68th St, F610, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Neurocrit Care 21:85-90. 2014..We therefore hypothesized that SIRS would not be a suitable trigger for antibiotics in this population...
- The safety of intravenous thrombolysis for ischemic stroke in patients with pre-existing cerebral aneurysms: a case series and review of the literatureNancy J Edwards
Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 43:412-6. 2012..We sought to determine the safety of intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator administration in a cohort of patients with pre-existing aneurysms...
- Adverse Outcomes After Initial Non-surgical Management of Subdural Hematoma: A Population-Based StudyNicholas A Morris
Department of Neurology, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Neurocrit Care 24:226-32. 2016..We included patients who were discharged home after hospitalization with a first-recorded diagnosis of SDH and no record of surgical hematoma evacuation...
- Cost-effectiveness of apixaban vs warfarin for secondary stroke prevention in atrial fibrillationHooman Kamel
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College, USA
Neurology 79:1428-34. 2012..To compare the cost-effectiveness of apixaban vs warfarin for secondary stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF)...