Eric R Kallwitz
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Role of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptors in the pathogenesis and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseEric R Kallwitz
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, 840 S Wood Street, 7th Floor, MC 716, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
World J Gastroenterol 14:22-8. 2008..The aim of this review is to describe the data linking PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma to NAFLD/NASH and to discuss the use of PPAR ligands for the treatment of NASH...
- Ethnicity and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in an obesity clinic: the impact of triglyceridesEric R Kallwitz
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:1358-63. 2008..In conclusion, in an obesity clinic population, elevated aminotransferase levels and hypertriglyceridemia were most common in Hispanics and least common in African Americans...
- The histologic spectrum of liver disease in African-American, non-Hispanic white, and Hispanic obesity surgery patientsEric R Kallwitz
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 S Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:64-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate ethnic differences in the prevalence of NAFLD and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and to compare the severity of histologic features of NASH in obesity surgery patients...
- Ethnicity and body mass index are associated with hepatitis C presentation and progressionEric R Kallwitz
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:72-8. 2010..We evaluated the association between elements of the metabolic syndrome and ethnicity in the histologic progression of HCV in a large, diverse cohort...
- Prognostic capability of different liver disease scoring systems for prediction of early mortality after transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt creationRon C Gaba
Department of Radiology, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, 1740 West Taylor Street, MC 931, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 24:411-20, 420.e1-4; quiz 421. 2013..To compare the performance of various liver disease scoring systems in predicting early mortality after transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) creation...
- Liver enzymes and histology in obese patients with obstructive sleep apneaEric R Kallwitz
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:918-21. 2007..The aim of the current study was to compare biochemical and histologic findings in patients with NAFLD as a function of OSA status...
- Liver Injury with Features Mimicking Autoimmune Hepatitis following the Use of Black CohoshGrace Guzman
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Case Report Med 2009:918156. 2009..Liver injury following the use of black cohosh should be included in the list of differential diagnoses for chronic hepatitis with features mimicking autoimmune hepatitis...
- TIPS for treatment of variceal hemorrhage: clinical outcomes in 128 patients at a single institution over a 12-year periodRon C Gaba
Department of Radiology Interventional Radiology Section, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, 1740 W Taylor St, MC 931, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:227-35. 2012..To assess clinical outcomes of transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) treatment of variceal hemorrhage...