David B Joseph
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Autologous cell seeded biodegradable scaffold for augmentation cystoplasty: phase II study in children and adolescents with spina bifidaDavid B Joseph
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama Electronic address
J Urol 191:1389-95. 2014..We evaluated an autologous cell seeded biodegradable scaffold (Tengion®) for bladder augmentation as an alternative to traditional enterocystoplasty in this population...
- Current approaches to the urologic care of children with spina bifidaDavid B Joseph
Section of Pediatric Urology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Children s Hospital, 1600 7th Avenue, South, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Curr Urol Rep 9:151-7. 2008..This article describes the foundations of management, beginning at birth, for caring for children with spina bifida...
- Urinary incontinenceC D Anthony Herndon
Section of Pediatric Urology, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Children s Hospital, 1600 7th Avenue S, Birmingham, AL 35233 1711, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:363-77, vi. 2006..When the initial evaluation identifies an anatomic abnormality or when primary therapy fails, referral to a pediatric urologist is warranted...
- Pediatric urodynamics: basic concepts for the neurosurgeonDavid M Kitchens
Section of Pediatric Urology, University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Neurosurg Focus 23:E8. 2007..Technical aspects of the study are described along with normal and abnormal findings...
- Sirolimus therapy for fibromatosis and multifocal renal cell carcinoma in a child with tuberous sclerosis complexJoseph G Pressey
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:1035-7. 2010..In an attempt to avoid bilateral nephrectomies, the patient was treated with the mTOR inhibitor sirolimus. Within 6 months of therapy, the fibromatosis and remaining RCC tumors responded substantially with minimal adverse effects...
- Outcome after discontinuing prophylactic antibiotics in children with persistent vesicoureteral refluxDavid M Kitchens
University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
J Urol 184:1594-7. 2010..We report outcomes with respect to the urinary tract infection incidence and to whether surgical intervention was eventually done...
- Bladder neck cinch for pediatric neurogenic outlet deficiencyCharles E Bugg
Division of Urology, University of Alabama at Birmingham and Childre s Hospital, Alabama 35233, USA
J Urol 170:1501-3; discussion 1503-4. 2003..We evaluated the effectiveness of a rectus fascia bladder neck cinch which applies circumferential pressure around the bladder neck and elevation as a means of increasing outlet resistance...
- Randomized, controlled trial of spaced education to urology residents in the United States and CanadaB Price Kerfoot
Department of Surgery Urology, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 177:1481-7. 2007..We investigated whether an online educational program based on spacing effect principles could significantly improve the acquisition and retention of medical knowledge...
- Bladder rehabilitation in children with spina bifida: state-of-the-"ART"David B Joseph
J Urol 173:1850-1. 2005
- This month in pediatric urologyDavid B Joseph
J Urol 180:1212-3. 2008