A W Jones
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Endothelin-1 sensitivity of porcine coronary arteries is reduced by exercise training and is gender dependentA W Jones
Department of Physiology, Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 87:1172-7. 1999..A potential gender difference in K-channel function may contribute to this discrepancy...
- Selective transport of adenosine into porcine coronary smooth muscleL J Rubin
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1397-410. 2000..These data indicate CSM possess a high-affinity nucleoside transporter and that the activity of this transporter is sufficient to modulate ADO sensitivity of large and small coronary arteries...
- Size dependence of functional alterations in mesenteric arteries from the aldosterone-salt hypertensive ratL Magliola
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Vasc Res 36:404-14. 1999..We conclude that SMA branches from AHR demonstrate neither the elevated basal (42)K(+) efflux, nor the NE supersensitivity exhibited by SMA. Endothelial function was not impaired both in SMA and SMA branches...
- Interaction of gender and exercise training: vasomotor reactivity of porcine skeletal muscle arteriesM H Laughlin
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 90:216-27. 2001..We conclude that both gender and anatomic origin of the artery influence exercise training-induced adaptations of vascular reactivity of porcine skeletal muscle conduit arteries...
- Characterization of an NBTI-sensitive equilibrative nucleoside transporter in vascular smooth muscleA K Dhalla
Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 33:1143-52. 2001..These data demonstrate that vascular coronary smooth muscle possess an NBTI-sensitive equilibrative transporter for adenosine which could function in regulation of vasodilation...
- Metabolic activation of AMP kinase in vascular smooth muscleL J Rubin
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 98:296-306. 2005....
- High-fat diet alters K+-currents in porcine coronary arteries and adenosine sensitivity during metabolic inhibitionR Franke
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 43:495-503. 2004..These factors may place the coronary circulation of HF at increased risk during an ischemic episode...
- Physiologic effect of nifedipine and tamsulosin on contractility of distal ureterS A Troxel
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Endourol 20:565-8. 2006..Both tamsulosin and nifedipine can facilitate spontaneous stone passage in the distal ureter and reduce the associated colic. We evaluated the physiologic effect of these agents on the distal pig ureter...
- Attenuated Ca2+ response to acetylcholine in endothelial cells from aorta of aldosterone-salt hypertensive ratsY Liu
Vascular Cell Biophysics Laboratory, Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:404-8. 1995..05). These results suggest that depressed endothelial [Ca2+]i responses to acetylcholine may be involved in the impaired endothelium-dependent relaxation in aorta from AHR...