Amy Nagorski Johnson
Affiliation: University of Delaware
- Kangaroo holding beyond the NICUAmy Nagorski Johnson
Department of Nursing, University of Delware, Newark, DE, USA
Pediatr Nurs 31:53-6. 2005..Nurses in hospitals, private practice, the community, and beyond must work together to change practice by adding the intervention of kangaroo care for the benefit of infants and their families...
- The maternal experience of kangaroo holdingAmy Nagorski Johnson
School of Nursing at University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 36:568-73. 2007..To describe the maternal experience of kangaroo holding premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit...
- Engaging fathers in the NICU: taking down the barriers to the babyAmy Nagorski Johnson
School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 22:302-6. 2008..This is a part of the ongoing nursing assessment that identifies family care needs and weaves interventions into the developmental plan of care...
- Adapting the neonatal intensive care environment to decrease noiseAmy Nagorski Johnson
University of Delaware, Newark, Del, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 17:280-8; quiz 289-90. 2003....
- Factors influencing implementation of kangaroo holding in a Special Care NurseryAmy Nagorski Johnson
School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 32:25-9. 2007..To describe factors identified by nurses that promote kangaroo holding in the Special Care Nursery (SCN) environment...
- Partnering for health education: pairing clinical students with school nursesAmy Nagorski Johnson
University of Delaware Newark, DE, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 13:53-5. 2008
- Promoting maternal confidence in the NICUAmy Nagorski Johnson
University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 22:254-7. 2008..These interventions create an environment that facilitates maternal-infant attachment by offering mothers meaningful, positive experiences with their infants...
- From beta-blockers to boot camp: Preparing students for the NCLEX-RNJudith W Herrman
University of Delaware School of Nursing, Newark, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 30:384-8. 2009..A senior seminar course that guides formal NCLEX-RN preparation is presented in this article with specific course strategies and a blueprint of seminar content that can be adapted to the nursing curriculum...