Kirsten L Johansen
Affiliation: University of California
- Association of race and insurance type with delayed assessment for kidney transplantation among patients initiating dialysis in the United StatesKirsten L Johansen
US Renal Data System Rehabilitation Quality of Life Special Studies Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1490-7. 2012....
- Impact of race on predialysis discussions and kidney transplant preemptive wait-listingNancy G Kutner
United States Renal Data System, Rehabilitation Quality of Life Special Studies Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Nephrol 35:305-11. 2012..US registry data have consistently shown that blacks are less likely than whites to be wait-listed before beginning dialysis...
- Depressed mood, usual activity level, and continued employment after starting dialysisNancy G Kutner
Rehabilitation Quality of Life Special Studies Center, United States Renal Data System, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:2040-5. 2010....
- ESRD patients using permanent vascular access report greater physical activity compared with catheter usersHaimanot Wasse
Division of Nephrology, WMB, Emory University School of Medicine, Room 338, 1639 Pierce Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 45:199-205. 2013..Among hemodialysis (HD) patients, use of a central venous catheter (CVC) might impede physical activity due to factors such as infection or patient fear of catheter dislodgement...
- Survival and hospitalization among patients using nocturnal and short daily compared to conventional hemodialysis: a USRDS studyKirsten L Johansen
USRDS Rehabilitation QoL Special Studies Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Kidney Int 76:984-90. 2009..All-cause and specific hospitalizations did not differ significantly between NHD and SDHD patients and their matched control cohorts. Our study suggests that NHD may improve patient survival...
- Lower socioeconomic status and disability among US adults with chronic kidney disease, 1999-2008Laura C Plantinga
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Claudia Nance Rollins Building, Floor 3, 1518 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E12. 2012..73 m(2))...