Affiliation: University of California
- Micro CT and Micro MR imaging of 3D architecture of animal skeletonY Jiang
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0628, USA
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 1:45-51. 2000..They are non-destructive allowing multiple tests such as biomechanical testing and chemical analysis on the same sample; and non-invasive permitting longitudinal studies and reducing the number of animals needed...
- Bone mineral density and biomechanical properties of spine and femur of ovariectomized rats treated with naproxenY Jiang
Arthritis and Metabolic Bone Disease Research Unit, Catholic University of Leuven, Pellenberg, Belgium
Bone 22:509-14. 1998..No statistically significant difference was found between naproxen-treated sham rats and untreated sham rats. The data suggest that naproxen partially prevents ovariectomy-induced osteopenia...
- Recombinant human parathyroid hormone (1-34) [teriparatide] improves both cortical and cancellous bone structureYebin Jiang
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0628, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:1932-41. 2003....
- Trabecular microstructure and surface changes in the greater tuberosity in rotator cuff tearsYebin Jiang
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group and Musculoskeletal Section, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Skeletal Radiol 31:522-8. 2002..We investigated radiographic changes in bone structure of the greater tuberosity in rotator cuff tears...
- Perspectives on bone mechanical properties and adaptive response to mechanical challengeY Jiang
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Clin Densitom 2:423-33. 1999..Exercise in this manner can maintain and perhaps increase bone mass and improve mechanical properties and neuromuscular competency, reducing skeletal fragility and the predisposition to falls...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor improves trabecular bone connectivity and bone strength in the lumbar vertebral body of osteopenic ratsWei Yao
Department of Medicine, Orthopedics and Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Osteoporos Int 16:1939-47. 2005..Therefore, increasing the number, thickness and connections of the trabeculae contributes to increased bone strength in this small animal model of osteoporosis...
- Application of micro-CT assessment of 3-D bone microstructure in preclinical and clinical studiesYebin Jiang
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Bone Miner Metab 23:122-31. 2005....
- Advanced imaging assessment of bone qualityHarry K Genant
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1068:410-28. 2006....
- Femoral neck trabecular microstructure in ovariectomized ewes treated with calcitonin: MRI microscopic evaluationYebin Jiang
Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital of Central South University, China
J Bone Miner Res 20:125-30. 2005..Ovariectomy induces deterioration of the trabecular structure in the femoral neck of ewes, as depicted by MR microscopic imaging. This structural deterioration is prevented by salmon calcitonin treatment...
- Osteopotentia regulates osteoblast maturation, bone formation, and skeletal integrity in miceMichael L Sohaskey
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Cell Biol 189:511-25. 2010..By identifying Opt as a crucial regulator of bone formation in the mouse, our results uncover a novel rER-mediated control point in osteoblast function and implicate human Opt as a candidate gene for brittle bone disorders...
- Role of p38 mitogen activated protein kinase in a model of osteosarcoma-induced painCamilla I Svensson
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0818, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:664-75. 2008..These data suggest that the p38 signaling pathway does not play a major role in bone cancer-mediated pain...
- MRI of antigen-induced arthritis in rabbits: improved contrast and disease characterization with the blood pool agent MS-325Yebin Jiang
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0628, USA
Acad Radiol 9:S480. 2002
- Zmpste24 deficiency in mice causes spontaneous bone fractures, muscle weakness, and a prelamin A processing defectMartin O Bergo
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94141 9100, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13049-54. 2002..Muscle weakness in Zmpste24(-/-) mice can be reasonably ascribed to defective processing of prelamin A, but the brittle bone phenotype suggests a broader role for Zmpste24 in mammalian biology...
- Comparison of spine and femur reference data in native Chinese women from different regions of ChinaXian Ping Wu
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital of the Central South University, Changsha, 86 Renmin Zhong Road, 410011 Hunan, P R China
Osteoporos Int 16:1215-24. 2005..The less ideal combining effect of the sBMD curves at both femoral neck and Ward's triangle might be caused by the intrinsic differences from the different measuring instruments...
- Histomorphometric and microCT analysis of bone biopsies from postmenopausal osteoporotic women treated with strontium ranelateMonique E Arlot
INSERM, Universite Lyon 1, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 23:215-22. 2008..Hence, these effects may explain the decreased fracture rate...
- Sequential treatment of ovariectomized mice with bFGF and risedronate restored trabecular bone microarchitecture and mineralizationWei Yao
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Healthy Aging, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Bone 39:460-9. 2006..Therefore, sequential treatment with bFGF and Ris restores trabecular architecture and allows mineralization of bone to increase, which appears to be beneficial to bone strength...
- Osteoblast-derived PTHrP is a potent endogenous bone anabolic agent that modifies the therapeutic efficacy of administered PTH 1-34Dengshun Miao
Calcium Research Laboratory and Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Invest 115:2402-11. 2005....
- Microcracks: an alternative index for evaluating bone biomechanical qualityRu Chun Dai
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, 86 Renmin Zhong Road, Hunan 410011, PR China
J Bone Miner Metab 22:215-23. 2004..Thus, microcrack parameters represent bone biomechanical quality changes associated with ovariectomy in rats, and they indicate the efficacy of estrogen replacement therapy...
- Relationship of body surface area with bone density and its risk of osteoporosis at various skeletal regions in women of mainland ChinaXian Ping Wu
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, 86 Renmin Zhong Road, 410011, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Osteoporos Int 15:751-9. 2004..However, when vBMD is used, these differences diminish or even disappear...
- Establishment of BMD reference curves at different skeletal sites in women, using a Cartesian coordinate numeration systemXian Ping Wu
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, 86 Renmin Zhong Rd, 410011, Hunan, PR China
Osteoporos Int 16:1655-62. 2005....
- Determination of age-specific bone mineral density and comparison of diagnosis and prevalence of primary osteoporosis in Chinese women based on both Chinese and World Health Organization criteriaXian Ping Wu
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, 410011, Changsha, Hunan, P R China
J Bone Miner Metab 22:382-91. 2004....
- Early changes in biochemical markers of bone formation correlate with improvements in bone structure during teriparatide therapyHarald Dobnig
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Medical University, Auenbruggerplatz 15, A 8036 Graz, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3970-7. 2005..Biochemical markers of bone turnover may reflect bone structure during anabolic treatment...
- SHIP-deficient mice are severely osteoporotic due to increased numbers of hyper-resorptive osteoclastsSunao Takeshita
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Nat Med 8:943-9. 2002..Thus, SHIP negatively regulates osteoclast formation and function and the absence of this enzyme results in severe osteoporosis...