Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Predictors of sexual intercourse and condom use intentions among Spanish-dominant Latino youth: a test of the planned behavior theoryAntonia M Villarruel
University of Michigan School of Nursing, Ann Arbor 48109 0482, USA
Nurs Res 53:172-81. 2004..There is evidence to suggest that this subgroup engages in both risk and protective behaviors that may be different from the behaviors of English-dominant Latino youth...
- A randomized controlled trial testing an HIV prevention intervention for Latino youthAntonia M Villarruel
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0482, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:772-7. 2006..To test the efficacy of a prevention intervention to reduce sexual risk behavior among Latino adolescents...
- Effects on sexual risk behavior and STD rate of brief HIV/STD prevention interventions for African American women in primary care settingsLoretta Sweet Jemmott
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Health Disparities Research, Philadelphia 19104 6096, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1034-40. 2007..We tested the efficacy of brief HIV/sexually transmitted disease (STD) risk-reduction interventions for African American women in primary care settings...
- Cognitive-behavioural health-promotion intervention increases fruit and vegetable consumption and physical activity among South African adolescents: a cluster-randomised controlled trialJohn B Jemmott
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Psychol Health 26:167-85. 2011..The findings suggest that theory based and contextually appropriate interventions may increase health behaviours among young adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa...
- School-based randomized controlled trial of an HIV/STD risk-reduction intervention for South African adolescentsJohn B Jemmott
Universityof Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:923-9. 2010..To test the efficacy of a school-based human immunodeficiency virus/sexually transmitted disease (HIV/STD) risk-reduction intervention for South African adolescents...
- Effectiveness of an HIV/STD risk-reduction intervention for adolescents when implemented by community-based organizations: a cluster-randomized controlled trialJohn B Jemmott
University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Center for Health Behavior and Communication Research, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Am J Public Health 100:720-6. 2010..We evaluated the effectiveness of an HIV/STD risk-reduction intervention when implemented by community-based organizations (CBOs)...
- Efficacy of a theory-based abstinence-only intervention over 24 months: a randomized controlled trial with young adolescentsJohn B Jemmott
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Health Behavior and Communication Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market St, Ste 520, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:152-9. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy of an abstinence-only intervention in preventing sexual involvement in young adolescents...
- Fostering health equity: clinical and research training strategies from nursing educationJanet A Deatrick
School of Nursing, Center for Health Disparities Research, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 25:479-85. 2009..A unique perspective is presented through collaboration between a nursing school and a center for health disparities research...
- Sexually transmitted infection among adolescents receiving special education servicesDavid S Mandell
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market St, 3rd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Sch Health 78:382-8. 2008..To estimate the relative risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among children identified as having learning disabilities through the special education system...
- Recruitment and retention of Latino adolescents to a research study: lessons learned from a randomized clinical trialAntonia M Villarruel
University of Michigan, School of Nursing, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Spec Pediatr Nurs 11:244-50. 2006..To describe facilitators and barriers to participation and retention of Latino adolescents in a randomized clinical trial...
- Development of an HIV risk reduction intervention for older seropositive African American menChristopher Lance Coleman
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6096, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:647-55. 2009..18; 95% CI = 0.97-27.78; p = 0.054). The findings suggest that an HIV risk-reduction condition may increase consistent condom use among HIV-positive African American MSM 50 years and older...
- Predicting condom use among sexually experienced Latino adolescentsAntonia M Villarruel
University of Michigan School of Nursing and Health Services Research and Development Program, Department of Veterans Affairs, USA
West J Nurs Res 29:724-38. 2007..These findings represent an important effort in promoting safer sex behaviors among sexually active Latino adolescents...
- Designing a culturally based intervention to reduce HIV sexual risk for Latino adolescentsAntonia M Villarruel
University of Michigan, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 16:23-31. 2005..Specific examples are provided to illustrate how these processes were used and how the curriculum evolved...
- HIV Risk Reduction for Black Drug-Using WomenLoretta Jemmott; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this project will contribute to the development of efficient and effective HIV prevention programs for inner-city African American women who abuse substances. ..
- Church-Based Parent-Child HIV Prevention ProjectLoretta Jemmott; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will contribute to the development of efficient and effective HIV risk-reduction programs for inner-city African American adolescents. ..