Abdul Rahman Jazieh
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Hematologic complications of alternative remediesA R Jazieh
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Int J Hematol 74:405-8. 2001..This manuscript discusses the clinical manifestations and mechanisms of action of these remedies and provides recommendations for patients' evaluation and counseling...
- Prolonged administration of infusional cisplatin and oral etoposide in advanced non-small cell lung cancerAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0501, USA
Anticancer Drugs 13:815-8. 2002....
- The use of dietary supplements by veterans with cancerAbdul Rahman Jazieh
University of Cincinnati and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:560-4. 2004..To study the patterns of dietary supplement use in veterans with cancer...
- The impact of cancer diagnosis on the lifestyle and habits of patients served at a Veterans Administration HospitalAbdul Rahman Jazieh
University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0501, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:147-50. 2006..Cancer diagnosis is associated with many changes in the life of the patients. However, the impact of cancer diagnosis on the lifestyle and habits of veterans has not been reported...
- Phase I clinical trial of concurrent paclitaxel, carboplatin, and external beam chest irradiation with glutamine in patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Cancer Invest 25:294-8. 2007..In conclusion, the addition of glutamine does not prevent serious toxities of this concurrent chemoradiotherapy regimen...
- Can lung cancer screening by computed tomography be effective in areas with endemic histoplasmosis?Sandra L Starnes
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 141:688-93. 2011..The goal of the present study was to determine whether lung cancer screening could be done while minimizing the number of benign biopsy specimens taken in an area endemic for histoplasmosis...
- Cancer research training: the Southwest Oncology Group young investigator training program (YITP)Zeina Nahleh
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Cincinnati, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:77-9. 2006..The first author was one of four applicants accepted in 2004 and is reporting on this experience...
- Multitargeted therapy in estrogen receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2-positive breast cancerZeina A Nahleh
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, The Barrett Cancer Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 28:631-3. 2005
- The use of complementary and alternative medicine by cancer patients undergoing radiation therapyAnu B Swarup
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:468-73. 2006..The purpose of our study was to examine the pattern of alternative medicine use in patients undergoing radiation treatment of cancer...
- Lack of a uniform approach to clinical research training for hematology oncology fellowsMalek Safa
University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0501, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:166-8. 2006..Preparing hematology/oncology clinical investigators is a major challenge for the advancement of translational cancer research. The goal of this study was to evaluate the experience of fellowship programs in this area...
- Male breast cancer in the veterans affairs population: a comparative analysisZeina A Nahleh
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Cancer 109:1471-7. 2007..The objective of this retrospective analysis was to compare the characteristics and outcome of patients with MBC and patients with female breast cancer (FBC) in the VA population...
- A phase II study of sequential neoadjuvant gemcitabine and paclitaxel, radiation therapy with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil and surgery in locally advanced esophageal carcinomaAndrew M Lowy
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:555-61. 2006..To evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of sequential neoadjuvant chemotherapy, chemoradiation, and surgery in patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer...
- The resident scholar program: a research training opportunity for internal medicine house staffAbigail B Byrnes
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Cancer Educ 22:47-9. 2007..The Resident Scholar Program (RSP) at the University of Cincinnati, Department of Internal Medicine was created to overcome these challenges...
- Establishing a statewide mammography database in Arkansas: overcoming the barriersAbdul Rahman Jazieh
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 9:66-71. 2003..At the conclusion of the project, 92 out of 112 centers (82%) participated in the project, creating a database of 157,976 mammography data sets. Identifying and overcoming many of the barriers were crucial steps in the project's success...
- The incidence of potential interactions between dietary supplements and prescription medications in cancer patients at a Veterans Administration HospitalAlison H Lee
University Medical Center at Princeton, Princeton, NJ, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:178-82. 2006..This study examines potential interactions between dietary supplements and prescription medications in a Veteran Hospital cancer population...
- Phase II trial of infusional fluorouracil, leucovorin, mitomycin, and dipyridamole in locally advanced unresectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma: SWOG S9700William H Isacoff
University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1665-9. 2007..To test the hypothesis that dual biochemical modulation of fluorouracil (FU) in combination with mitomycin improves the survival of patients with pancreas cancer...
- Randomized Phase II trial of two high-dose chemotherapy regimens with stem cell transplantation for the treatment of advanced ovarian cancer in first remission or chemosensitive relapse: a Southwest Oncology Group studyPatrick J Stiff
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:98-106. 2004....