Samuel A Jacobs
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Concurrent bevacizumab with a sequential regimen of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel and capecitabine as neoadjuvant therapy for HER2- locally advanced breast cancer: a phase II trial of the NSABP Foundation Research GroupPriya Rastogi
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Four Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:228-34. 2011..The purpose of this trial was to determine the activity and safety profile of neoadjuvant bevacizumab with chemotherapy in women with locally advanced breast cancer (LABC)...
- Yttrium ibritumomab tiuxetan in the treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: current status and future prospectsSamuel A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 5150 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Biologics 1:215-27. 2007....
- The expanding role of rituximab and radioimmunotherapy in the treatment of B-cell lymphomasSamuel A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 5150 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:1749-62. 2007..As mechanisms of action/resistance to monoclonal antibody therapy are better understood, approaches to predicting response and optimizing combination therapy to overcoming primary and acquired resistance may be developed...
- Monoclonal antibody therapy of leukaemias and lymphomasSamuel A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 5150 Center Avenue, Suite 510, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 5:1225-43. 2005..This paper reviews rituximab, alemtuzumab and gemtuzumab ozogamicin as monoclonal antibody therapies for leukaemias and lymphomas...
- Phase II trial of short-course CHOP-R followed by 90Y-ibritumomab tiuxetan and extended rituximab in previously untreated follicular lymphomaSamuel A Jacobs
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Cancer Centers, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7088-94. 2008....
- Radioisotopic localization of (90)Yttrium-ibritumomab tiuxetan in patients with CD20+ non-Hodgkin's lymphomaS A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and UPMC Cancer Centers, PA 15232, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 11:39-45. 2009....
- Durable remission of HIV-negative, Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus-associated multicentric Castleman disease in patient with rheumatoid arthritis treated with methotrexateSamuel A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh 15232, USA
Clin Rheumatol 26:1148-50. 2007..As such, we suggest that the dramatic improvement in this patient's disease is due to the immunomodulatory properties of MTX...
- Focal radiation fibrosis after radioimmunotherapy for follicular non-Hodgkin lymphomaNicholas A DeMonaco
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:369-72. 2007..This is the first case in which radiation-induced radiographic changes are reported after RIT for lymphoma...
- Full-dose 90Y ibritumomab tiuxetan therapy is safe in patients with prior myeloablative chemotherapySamuel A Jacobs
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7146s-7150s. 2005..We treated eight patients with 90Y ibritumomab tiuxetan who had prior autologous stem cell transplant, but met all other treatment criteria...
- Anaphylaxis after administration of ibritumomab tiuxetan for follicular non-hodgkin lymphomaRachel Jankowitz
UPMC Cancer Centers, UPMC Cancer Pavilion, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Nucl Med 33:94-6. 2008..After successful resuscitation, a human antimouse antibody (HAMA) level was found to be elevated, 618 ng/mL (reference 0-188 ng/mL)...
- Serum sickness in a patient with follicular lymphoma after rituximab and radioimmunotherapy with ibritumomab tiuxetanNicholas A DeMonaco
Oncology Hematology Associates, PA, Clinton, Maryland, USA
Clin Nucl Med 32:933-4. 2007..Despite anti-inflammatory therapies her symptoms persisted for 10 months before ultimate resolution. Her clinical course and literature are reviewed...
- A phase I/II study of trimetrexate and capecitabine in patients with advanced refractory colorectal cancerKhalid Matin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 28:439-44. 2005..Because the optimum dose of this combination was unknown, we used a phase I/II design...
- Randomized trial of influenza vaccine with granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor or placebo in cancer patientsRamesh K Ramanathan
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4313-8. 2002..To determine whether granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) would improve response to influenza vaccination in cancer patients...
- Phase II randomized clinical trial evaluating neoadjuvant chemotherapy regimens with weekly paclitaxel or eribulin followed by doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide in women with locally advanced HER2-negative breast cancer: NSABP Foundation Study FB-9Jame Abraham
NSABP Foundation, Inc, Nova Tower 2, Two Allegheny Center, 12th Flr, Pittsburgh, PA, 15212, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 152:399-405. 2015..pCR on WP = 5/19(26 %) and on E = 5/30(17 %). Both regimens were equally well tolerated with no unexpected toxicities. pCR did not suggest higher activity with E than with other standard regimens in these LABC patients...
- Phase I study of weekly (day 1 and 8) docetaxel in combination with capecitabine in patients with advanced solid malignanciesRamesh K Ramanathan
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 55:354-60. 2005..To improve the therapeutic index, we evaluated a weekly regimen of docetaxel in combination with capecitabine, and determined the maximum tolerated dose, toxicities and pharmacokinetics of this combination...
- Pemetrexed/oxaliplatin for first-line treatment of patients with advanced colorectal cancer: a phase II trial of the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Foundation Research ProgramJames N Atkins
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:181-7. 2005..In this study, these drugs were used in combination as first-line therapy in a group of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Indolent mantle cell lymphoma with nodal involvement and mutated immunoglobulin heavy chain genesLaurentia Nodit
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Hum Pathol 34:1030-4. 2003..The subtle but diagnostic lymph node biopsy in this case helps to further support that an indolent t(11;14) monoclonal lymphocytosis with mutated Ig genes can represent an MCL variant rather than chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- A phase II clinical trial of ZD1839 (Iressa) in combination with docetaxel as first-line treatment in patients with advanced breast cancerSheri K Dennison
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:545-51. 2007..The combination of gefitinib and docetaxel is an active regimen in patients with previously untreated metastatic breast cancer, with a clinical benefit rate and toxicity profile in the range of that reported for docetaxel alone...
- A phase II study of topotecan in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: an Ohio State University phase II research consortium studyEric H Kraut
Ohio State University Medical Center and Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Cancer Invest 20:174-9. 2002..This multicenter phase II trial evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of the topoisomerase I inhibitor topotecan (TPT, 9-dimethylaminomethyl-10-hydroxycamptothecin) in patients with refractory or relapsing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...