Lloydine J Jacobs
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Safety of thromboembolic chemoprophylaxis in spinal trauma patients requiring surgical stabilizationLloydine J Jacobs
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:E1041-7. 2013..Retrospective review...
- Identifying inflammatory targets for biologic therapies for spine painLloydine J Jacobs
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
PM R 3:S12-7. 2011..With rapid advances in biomedical technology, these interventions may be available for clinical use in the near future...
- The effects of glucosamine sulfate on intervertebral disc annulus fibrosus cells in vitroGwendolyn A Sowa
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 3471 5th Ave, Suite 201, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA The Ferguson Laboratory for Orthopaedic and Spine Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA Electronic address
Spine J 15:1339-46. 2015..Inconsistency in the clinical literature may be related to lack of understanding of the effects of glucosamine on the intervertebral disc, and therefore, improper patient selection...
- What is the prevalence of MRSA colonization in elective spine cases?Antonia F Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3471 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2684-9. 2012..The incidence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection is increasing. However, the prevalence of MRSA colonization among patients undergoing spine surgery is unclear...
- Expression and regulation of metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in intervertebral disc aging and degenerationNam V Vo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ferguson Laboratory for Orthopaedic Research, University of Pittsburgh, E1641 Biomedical Science Tower, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Spine J 13:331-41. 2013..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), and disintegrins and metalloproteinases with thrombospondin motifs (ADAMTSs) are believed to be the major proteolytic enzymes responsible for ECM degradation in the intervertebral disc (IVD)...