Linda A Jacobs
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Follow-up care of cancer survivors: challenges and solutionsLinda A Jacobs
Director for Survivorship Clinical Programs, Research and Educational Initiatives, Abramson Cancer Center, Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 18:e19-e29. 2017..In this Series paper, we provide an overview of the issues surrounding provision of cancer survivorship and follow-up care in the USA and discuss potential solutions to these challenges...
- Hypogonadism and infertility in testicular cancer survivorsLinda A Jacobs
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, The Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 10:558-63. 2012..As the biologic mechanisms underlying hypogonadism, infertility, and testicular cancer become clearer, more research is needed to provide clinicians with evidence-based guidelines for the management of testicular cancer survivors...
- Adult cancer survivorship: evolution, research, and planning careLinda A Jacobs
LIVESTRONG Survivorship Center of Excellence Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 59:391-410. 2009..Finally, an overview of evolving treatment summary and care plan initiatives is presented...
- An internet tool for creation of cancer survivorship care plans for survivors and health care providers: design, implementation, use and user satisfactionChristine E Hill-Kayser
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Med Internet Res 11:e39. 2009..We implemented an Internet-based tool for creation of individualized survivorship care plans. To our knowledge, this is the first tool of this type to be designed and made publicly accessible...
- Metrics to evaluate treatment summaries and survivorship care plans: a scorecardSteven C Palmer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, 1103 Penn Tower, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Support Care Cancer 22:1475-83. 2014..This manuscript presents a recently developed tool to allow rating of breast cancer-specific TS/SCPs as a model for assessing concordance with IOM recommendations and facilitating research and clinical fidelity...
- Cardiovascular risk in long-term survivors of testicular cancerDavid J Vaughn
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer 112:1949-53. 2008..A cross-sectional study was performed to objectively assess cardiovascular risk, subclinical atherosclerosis, and endothelial function in long-term survivors of TC...
- Utilization of internet-based survivorship care plans by lung cancer survivorsChristine E Hill-Kayser
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 10:347-52. 2009..The Institute of Medicine recommends survivorship care plans for all cancer survivors...
- Modifying cancer risk factors: the gene-environment interactionEllen Giarelli
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 21:271-7. 2005..To examine the concept of risk modification in the context of cancer prevention...
- Survivorship care planning after the institute of medicine recommendations: how are we faring?Carrie Tompkins Stricker
Abramson Cancer Center at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cancer Surviv 5:358-70. 2011....
- Cardiovascular risk in testicular cancer survivors treated with chemotherapy: incidence, significance, and practice implicationsBarbara H Zoltick
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:1005-9; quiz 1010-1. 2005....
- Physical late effects in adult cancer survivorsCarrie Tompkins Stricker
LIVESTRONG Survivorship Center of Excellence, Abramson Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 22:33-41. 2008....
- Adult survivors of childhood cancer: the medical and psychosocial late effects of cancer treatment and the impact on sexual and reproductive healthLinda A Jacobs
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Sex Med 10:120-6. 2013..1%, and 2/3 of childhood cancer survivors will experience at least one late effect of treatment...
- The effect of the neutropenic diet in the outpatient setting: a pilot studyDebra DeMille
Joan Karnell Cancer Center, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:337-43. 2006..To determine whether use of the neutropenic diet in the outpatient setting decreases the number of febrile admissions and positive blood cultures associated with chemotherapy-induced neutropenia...
- A model of survivorship in cancer genetic careLinda A Jacobs
Living Well After Cancer Program, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:196-202. 2004..To propose a shift in the paradigm of survivorship in genetic cancer care...