J Elizabeth Jackson
Affiliation: University of Washington
- A national study of obesity prevalence and trends by type of rural countyJ Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Wash 98195 4696, USA
J Rural Health 21:140-8. 2005..Obesity is epidemic in the United States, but information on this trend by type of rural locale is limited...
- Problem drinking: rural and urban trends in America, 1995/1997 to 2003J Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Prev Med 43:122-4. 2006..Studies examining trends in problem alcohol use for U.S. adults residing in rural locations are lacking. This study examines recent trends in heavy and binge drinking in urban counties and three types of rural counties...
- Trends in cervical and breast cancer screening practices among women in rural and urban areas of the United StatesMark P Doescher
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:200-9. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess rural-urban differences in mammography and Papanicolaou (Pap) smear screening...
- Seniors with chronic health conditions and prescription drugs: benefits, wealth, and healthBarry G Saver
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 4696, USA
Value Health 7:133-43. 2004....
- Urban-rural disparities in colorectal cancer screening: cross-sectional analysis of 1998-2005 data from the Centers for Disease Control's Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance StudyAllison M Cole
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer Med 1:350-6. 2012..The types of screening tests used for colorectal cancer screening are different in rural and urban areas. Future research to reduce this disparity should focus on screening methods that are acceptable and feasible in rural areas...
- Reliability of Group Health Cooperative automated pharmacy data by drug benefit statusDenise M Boudreau
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:877-84. 2005..Evaluate the reliability of health plan pharmacy records in determining medication use among seniors with and without a drug benefit...
- Colorectal cancer screening disparities for rural minorities in the United StatesAllison M Cole
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 4982, USA
J Prim Care Community Health 4:106-11. 2013..Adults living in rural areas and members of minority populations both experience disparities in colorectal cancer screening...
- Barriers and facilitators to evidence-based blood pressure control in community practiceLynne S Robins
Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 26:539-57. 2013..To translate e-BP into community practices, we sought to identify contextual barriers and facilitators to implementation...
- Prevalence and trends in smoking: a national rural studyMark P Doescher
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
J Rural Health 22:112-8. 2006..Cigarette smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States...
- Trends in professional advice to lose weight among obese adults, 1994 to 2000J Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Sociology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:814-8. 2005..Obesity is a fast-growing threat to public health in the U.S., but information on trends in professional advice to lose weight is limited...
- Prescription drug coverage, health, and medication acquisition among seniors with one or more chronic conditionsJ Elizabeth Jackson
Department of Sociology, University of Washington, 98195 4696, USA
Med Care 42:1056-65. 2004..The unabated rise in medication costs particularly affects older persons with chronic conditions that require long-term medication use, but how prescription benefits affect medication adherence for such persons has received limited study...
- Impact of healthcare delivery system on where HMO-enrolled seniors purchase medicationsDenise M Boudreau
Ann Pharmacother 38:1317-8. 2004
- Age-related disparities in cancer screening: analysis of 2001 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System dataAnthony F Jerant
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, Calif 95817, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:481-7. 2004..We compared age-related patterns of screening for colorectal cancer with those for breast and prostate cancer in persons aged 50 years and older...