Affiliation: University of Washington
- The application of direct immunofluorescence to intraoperative neurosurgical diagnosisS Iwamoto
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Biomol Eng 17:17-22. 2000..It is the first reported application of the technique for this aspect of rapid neurosurgical diagnosis...
- The p75 neurotrophin receptor, relative to other Schwann cell and melanoma markers, is abundantly Expressed in spindled melanomasS Iwamoto
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 23:288-94. 2001..The functional significance of the high level of p75 neurotrophin receptor expression may contribute to the high predisposition of perineural extension in the desmoplastic subset of spindled melanomas...
- Immunophenotypic differences between uveal and cutaneous melanomasSatori Iwamoto
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington Medical Center, Box 356524, Seattle, WA 98195 6524, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:466-70. 2002..To determine the immunophenotypic differences between uveal and cutaneous melanomas, employing standard melanoma markers as well as p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR) and microphthalmia transcription factor (MITF)...
- Immunophenotype of conjunctival melanomas: comparisons with uveal and cutaneous melanomasSatori Iwamoto
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Box 356524, Seattle, WA 98195 6524, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:1625-9. 2002..To characterize the immunophenotypic expression pattern of conjunctival melanomas, with the use of standard melanoma markers as well as microphthalmia transcription factor and p75 neurotrophin receptor...
- Relationship of uveal and cutaneous malignant melanoma in persons with multiple primary tumorsAndrew R Shors
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, WA 98195 6524, USA
Int J Cancer 102:266-8. 2002..5-3.0). While these data offer some support for the hypothesis that uveal and cutaneous melanomas have 1 or more etiologies in common, the lack of symmetry in the pattern of second uveal and second cutaneous melanomas remains unexplained...
- Evidence that the p75 neurotrophin receptor mediates perineural spread of desmoplastic melanomaS Iwamoto
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6524, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 35:725-31. 1996..The migration of Schwann cells along embryonic nerves is reportedly regulated by the 75 kd neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR) and one of its cognate ligands, nerve growth factor (NGF)...