David C Irwin
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Polymerized bovine hemoglobin decreases oxygen delivery during normoxia and acute hypoxia in the ratDavid C Irwin
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center, 4200 E 9Ave, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1090-H1099. 2008..We conclude that infusion of PBvHb is not likely to be useful in treating global hypoxia under these conditions...
- Pulmonary edema induced by cerebral hypoxic insult in a canine modelDavid C Irwin
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Group, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 79:472-8. 2008..We hypothesized that a cerebral insult induced with a venous hypoxic blood infusion to the brain would trigger neurogenic pulmonary edema in a canine model...
- Mixed S-nitrosylated polymerized bovine hemoglobin species moderate hemodynamic effects in acutely hypoxic ratsDavid Irwin
University of Colorado Health Science Center, Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Laboratory, School of Medicine, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:200-9. 2010..These data support the potential use of HBOC mixed with SNO-HBOC for the treatment of conditions in which acute hypoxia is present, such as tumor oxygenation, wound healing, hemorrhagic trauma, and sickle cell and hemolytic anemia...
- Nrf2 activation: a potential strategy for the prevention of acute mountain sicknessChristina Lisk
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Group, School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 63:264-73. 2013..Nifedipine, in addition to its known vasodilatory activities in the lung and protection against high altitude pulmonary edema, may provide protection against brain vascular leak as well. ..
- Hemoglobin-induced lung vascular oxidation, inflammation, and remodeling contribute to the progression of hypoxic pulmonary hypertension and is attenuated in rats with repeated-dose haptoglobin administrationDavid C Irwin
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Group, Division of Cardiology, School of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 82:50-62. 2015..By preventing Hb-mediated pathology, Hp infusions: (1) demonstrate a critical role for Hb in vascular remodeling associated with hypoxia and (2) suggest a novel therapy for chronic hemolysis-associated PH. ..
- A potential role for reactive oxygen species and the HIF-1alpha-VEGF pathway in hypoxia-induced pulmonary vascular leakDavid C Irwin
University of Colorado Health Science Center, School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 47:55-61. 2009..Our data suggest that hypoxia-induced permeability is due, in part, to the ROS-HIF-1alpha-VEGF pathway...