Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- A meta-analysis of emotion perception and functional outcomes in schizophreniaFarzin Irani
Neuropsychiatry Section, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Schizophr Res 137:203-11. 2012..Given its pervasive nature, there is a need to quantitatively examine whether this dysfunction impacts functional outcomes. We used a meta-analytic strategy to combine results from several studies and examine synthesized effect sizes...
- Computerized neurocognitive test performance in schizophrenia: a lifespan analysisFarzin Irani
Department of Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry Section, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:41-52. 2012..Favorable construct validity in younger schizophrenia patients has been reported, but not in older patients. New variables afforded by computerized assessments were used to clarify age-associated cognitive impairment across the lifespan...
- Neuropsychological performance in older patients with schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of cross-sectional and longitudinal studiesFarzin Irani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Schizophr Bull 37:1318-26. 2011..Previous reviews have focused on the nature and course of cognitive impairments in younger cohorts, but a quantitative meta-analysis in older patients is pending...
- More than just tapping: index finger-tapping measures procedural learning in schizophreniaFelipe N Da Silva
Brain Behavior Laboratory, Section of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Schizophr Res 137:234-40. 2012..To our knowledge, this study presents the first use of index finger-tapping to study procedural learning in individuals with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder (SCZ/SZA) as compared to healthy controls...
- Self-face recognition and theory of mind in patients with schizophrenia and first-degree relativesFarzin Irani
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Schizophr Res 88:151-60. 2006....
- Prognostic variables at intake and long-term level of function in schizophreniaSteven J Siegel
Division of Neuropsychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:433-41. 2006..This study assessed the relationship between symptoms and cognitive measures at intake and functional outcome 2-8 years later (average 3 years) in first-episode and previously treated schizophrenia patients...
- Challenges and opportunities for genomic developmental neuropsychology: examples from the Penn-Drexel collaborative batteryRuben C Gur
Neuropsychiatry Section, Department of Psychiatry, 10th Floor, Gates Building, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 25:1029-41. 2011..The study illustrates what will hopefully become a major component of the work of clinical and research neuropsychologists as invaluable participants in the dawning age of Big Science neuropsychological genomics...
- The neurocognitive effects of 5 day anesthetic ketamine for the treatment of refractory complex regional pain syndromeSandra P Koffler
Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, Drexel University, 245 North 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22:719-29. 2007..Complex regional pain syndrome I (CRPS) is characterized by severe neuropathic pain that exceeds the severity of an injury and is refractory to traditional treatments. Recent experimental interventions include ketamine infusion therapy...
- Patient and family attitudes toward schizophrenia treatmentFarzin Irani
Division of Neuropsychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Clinical Research Building, Room 145a, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 6:283-8. 2004..The important contribution of family members in caring for their loved ones is also emphasized. Patient participation in biomedical research is also discussed in the context of guiding the treatment of schizophrenia...
- Patient attitudes towards surgically implantable, long-term delivery of psychiatric medicineFarzin Irani
Division of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Stanley Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:960-8. 2004..Thus, the study provides impetus for future work in this area...
- Functional near infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS): an emerging neuroimaging technology with important applications for the study of brain disordersFarzin Irani
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 21:9-37. 2007....