Tiffany L Hutchins
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Beyond false beliefs: the development and psychometric evaluation of the perceptions of children's theory of mind measure-experimental version (PCToMM-E)Tiffany L Hutchins
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Vermont, 489 Main Street, 406 Pomeroy Hall, Burlington, VT 05445, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 38:143-55. 2008..Ceiling effects were not evident until late childhood. The utility of the PCToMM-E and directions for future research are discussed...
- Using communication to reduce challenging behaviors in individuals with autism spectrum disorders and intellectual disabilityTiffany L Hutchins
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Vermont, 407 Pomeroy Hall, 489 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05405, USA Electronic address
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 23:41-55. 2014..Recommendations for practice are offered. ..
- Psychometric evaluation of the Theory of Mind Inventory (ToMI): a study of typically developing children and children with autism spectrum disorderTiffany L Hutchins
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Vermont, 489 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05452, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:327-41. 2012..older children) and developmental status (typically developing vs. ASD), and predicted child performance on a ToM task battery. Utility of the ToMI, study limitations and directions for future research are discussed...
- Using social stories and comic strip conversations to promote socially valid outcomes for children with autismTiffany L Hutchins
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
Semin Speech Lang 27:47-59. 2006..The results of intervention employing an A-B design are reported for two case vignettes. Clinical implications, limitations of the available data, and potential factors contributing to outcome variability are discussed...
- Maternal epistemological perspectives and variations in mental state talkTiffany L Hutchins
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 52:61-80. 2009..This study examined how complexity of maternal epistemological beliefs predicted mothers' and children's talk about the mind...
- Dysphagia management: a survey of school-based speech-language pathologists in VermontTiffany L Hutchins
University of Vermont, USA
Lang Speech Hear Serv Sch 42:194-206. 2011....
- The social validity of Social Stories™ for supporting the behavioural and communicative functioning of children with autism spectrum disorderTiffany L Hutchins
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Int J Speech Lang Pathol 15:383-95. 2013..Implications for clinical practice and how present methodological limitations can be addressed in future research are considered...