- Recent advances in otitis media. 9. Complications and sequelae
Timothy T K Jung
Division of Otolaryngology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, California, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol Suppl 194:140-60. 2005
- Hearing screening and middle ear measures in American Indian infants and toddlers
Lisa L Hunter
University of Utah, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, 390 South, 1530 East, 1201 BEHS, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1429-38. 2007
..This study reports OAE hearing screening results related to OME diagnoses, as well as risk for recurrent hearing screening failure and OME in American Indian infants and children...
- Wideband reflectance associated with otitis media in infants and children with cleft palate
Lisa L Hunter
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Division of Otolaryngology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Int J Audiol 47:S57-61. 2008
..Results are also compared to normative data in children of similar ages using the same instrument and methods. Results demonstrate that wideband reflectance showed the highest level of agreement (88%) with DPOAE results...
- Wideband acoustic immittance: tympanometric measures
Chris A Sanford
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho 83209, USA
Ear Hear 34:65S-71S. 2013
..Technological advances, more accessibility to equipment, and evolving data analysis techniques should encourage progress in the areas of WT research and clinical application...
- Otoacoustic emissions and tympanometry screening among 0-5 year olds
Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Laryngoscope 112:513-9. 2002
- Chronic otitis media with effusion sequelae in children treated with tubes
Kathleen A Daly
University of Minnesota Otitis Media Research Center, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:517-22. 2003
..To determine incidence and prevalence of middle ear sequelae and abnormal tympanometry results among children with chronic otitis media with effusion (OME) who received standard treatment with tympanostomy tubes...
- Recent advances in otitis media. 7. Diagnosis and screening
Judith S Gravel
Pediatric Audiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol Suppl 194:104-13. 2005
- Early otitis media among Minnesota American Indians: the Little Ears Study
Kathleen A Daly
Department of Otolaryngology and the Otitis Media Research Center, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Am J Public Health 97:317-22. 2007
..We examined relationships between otitis media risk factors, sociodemographic characteristics, and maternal knowledge and attitudes and early onset of otitis media...
- Vibration-induced hearing loss: mechanical and physiological aspects
Department of Otolaryngology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Otol Neurotol 28:171-7. 2007
..The sensorineural hearing loss (HL) after middle ear surgery has been explained by the noise generated by drilling, without considering the vibration generated by the burr...