Kendall S Hunter
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Simulations of congenital septal defect closure and reactivity testing in patient-specific models of the pediatric pulmonary vasculature: A 3D numerical study with fluid-structure interactionKendall S Hunter
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1056 E 19th Ave, Denver, CO 80218, USA
J Biomech Eng 128:564-72. 2006..This new patient-specific technique provides much greater detail regarding the function of the pulmonary circuit than can be obtained with current medical imaging methods alone, and holds promise for enabling surgical planning...
- Noninvasive methods for determining pulmonary vascular function in children with pulmonary arterial hypertension: application of a mechanical oscillator modelKendall S Hunter
Center for Bioengineering, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 3:106-16. 2008..Here, we investigate such a model's utility as a noninvasive predictor of total right heart afterload and right heart function...
- Pulmonary vascular input impedance is a combined measure of pulmonary vascular resistance and stiffness and predicts clinical outcomes better than pulmonary vascular resistance alone in pediatric patients with pulmonary hypertensionKendall S Hunter
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am Heart J 155:166-74. 2008....
- Main pulmonary arterial wall shear stress correlates with invasive hemodynamics and stiffness in pulmonary hypertensionMichal Schafer
Division of Cardiology, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado, USA Department of Bioengineering, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pulm Circ 6:37-45. 2016..4-D CMR-based assessment of WSS may represent a novel methodology to study blood-vessel wall interactions in PH. ..
- In vivo measurement of proximal pulmonary artery elastic modulus in the neonatal calf model of pulmonary hypertension: development and ex vivo validationKendall S Hunter
Center for Bioengineering, University of Colorado at Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:968-75. 2010..Such measurements may be a valuable tool in the diagnosis and treatment of human PH...
- Validation of a pressure diameter method for determining modulus and strain of collagen engagement for long branches of bovine pulmonary arteriesMark Reusser
Department of Bioengineering, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80045, USA
J Biomech Eng 134:054501. 2012..The method allowed faster testing of tissues of multiple diameters, while removing the effect of end conditions. The PD method will be of further utility in continued study of tissue mechanics in pulmonary hypertension studies...
- Analysis of pediatric airway morphology using statistical shape modelingStephen M Humphries
Quantitative Imaging Laboratory, Department of Radiology, National Jewish Health, 1400 Jackson St, Denver, CO, 80206 2761, USA
Med Biol Eng Comput 54:899-911. 2016..95, p < 0.001). SSM methodology can be applied to identify shape differences in the airway between two populations. This method suggests that subtle shape differences exist between the CF airway and disease control. ..
- Vorticity is a marker of diastolic ventricular interdependency in pulmonary hypertensionMichal Schafer
Department of Cardiology, National Jewish Health, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA Department of Bioengineering, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pulm Circ 6:46-54. 2016..53, P = 0.009). LV E-wave ω is decreased in PH and correlated with multiple echocardiographic markers of ventricular interdependency. LV ω may be a novel marker for fluid-tissue biomechanical interactions in LV-RV interdependency. ..
- An investigation of industrial molding compounds for use in 3D ultrasound, MRI, and CT imaging phantomsBryan E Yunker
Department of Bioengineering, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Med Phys 40:052905. 2013..This study investigated the ultrasound, MRI, and CT imaging characteristics of several industrial casting and molding compounds as a precursor to the future development of durable and anatomically correct flow phantoms...
- Application of a microstructural constitutive model of the pulmonary artery to patient-specific studies: validation and effect of orthotropyYanhang Zhang
Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Biomech Eng 129:193-201. 2007..This initial study also puts forward important questions that need to be considered before combining the microstructural model with complex patient-specific vascular geometries...