Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Lineage-specific evolution of the vertebrate Otopetrin gene family revealed by comparative genomic analysesBelen Hurle
Genome Technology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Evol Biol 11:23. 2011....
- Identification of the Otopetrin Domain, a conserved domain in vertebrate otopetrins and invertebrate otopetrin-like family membersInna Hughes
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St, Louis, MO 63110, USA
BMC Evol Biol 8:41. 2008..Vertebrate Otop1 and its paralogues Otop2 and Otop3 define a new gene family with homology to the invertebrate Domain of Unknown Function 270 genes (DUF270; pfam03189)...
- Mixing model systems: using zebrafish and mouse inner ear mutants and other organ systems to unravel the mystery of otoconial developmentInna Hughes
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Rm 3902 South Building Campus Box 8103, Washington University in St Louis, School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Brain Res 1091:58-74. 2006....
- Microscale analysis of proteins in inner ear tissues and fluids with emphasis on endolymphatic sac, otoconia, and organ of CortiIsolde Thalmann
Department of Otolaryngology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Electrophoresis 27:1598-608. 2006..These studies demonstrate how advanced preparatory and analytical techniques can be applied to studies of the inner ear...
- Otopetrin 1 activation by purinergic nucleotides regulates intracellular calciumInna Hughes
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12023-8. 2007..In a physiologic setting, these activities could direct the formation and growth of otoconia and regulate other biomineralization processes...
- Otopetrin 1 is required for otolith formation in the zebrafish Danio rerioInna Hughes
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 276:391-402. 2004..These studies demonstrate that Otop1 has an essential and conserved role in the timing of formation and the size and shape of the developing otolith...
- The timing and location of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression determine enteric nervous system structure and functionHongtao Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 30:1523-38. 2010..Thus, changes in GDNF expression can create a wide variety of alterations in ENS structure and function and may in part contribute to human motility disorders...