Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Smoothened translates Hedgehog levels into distinct responsesJoan E Hooper
Department of Cell and Structural Biology and Program in Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Development 130:3951-63. 2003..Thus, two activities of Smoothened translate different levels of Hedgehog into distinct intracellular responses...
- Communicating with HedgehogsJoan E Hooper
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, 12801 East 17th Avenue, Box 8018, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6:306-17. 2005..The cellular machinery that is responsible for the unique molecular mechanisms of Hh signal transduction has been largely conserved during metazoan evolution...
- Roadkill attenuates Hedgehog responses through degradation of Cubitus interruptusDavid Kent
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Development 133:2001-10. 2006..The existence of human orthologs for Rdx raises the possibility that this novel feedback loop also modulates Hh responses in humans...
- The TRC8 hereditary kidney cancer gene suppresses growth and functions with VHL in a common pathwayRobert M Gemmill
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Denver, Colorado, CO 80262, USA
Oncogene 21:3507-16. 2002..Thus, VHL, TRC8, and JAB1 appear to be linked both physically and functionally and all three may participate in the development of kidney cancer...
- Growth suppression induced by the TRC8 hereditary kidney cancer gene is dependent upon JAB1/CSN5Robert M Gemmill
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 12801 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
Oncogene 24:3503-11. 2005..While there was no obvious influence on CSN deneddylation activity, the increase in CSN subunits and holocomplex suggests that TRC8 modulates signalosome levels or compartmentalization...
- Identification of a functional interaction between the transmembrane protein Smoothened and the kinesin-related protein Costal2Stacey K Ogden
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, 7650 Remsen Hall, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Curr Biol 13:1998-2003. 2003..This work fills in the last major gap in our understanding of the Hh signal transduction pathway by suggesting that no intermediate signal is required to connect Smo to the HSC...
- Mechanism of Hedgehog signal transductionJOAN HOOPER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Their successful completion would significantly advance our understanding of this fundamental signal transduction pathway and may pinpoint therapeutic targets for Hh-based pathologies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..